Server not responding

Hi, I am very new to SAMP scripting, and I'm just playing around with already made scripts. I have an issue though, when I try to run the server with the scripts I get a "cannot connect to server" issue in GTA SA, although from the looks of things on the SAMP server list it shows the server is online. Is there a way to fix? It's a little frustrating.

Thanks,

Klumm

First thing that I think of: Is the client and server version the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugecin
Посмотреть сообщение
First thing that I think of: Is the client and server version the same?
I'm sure you have better things to do than help a newb but, I think so, how can I check?

Thanks

You can go on ******* and watch some tutorials on how to start a new server and basics that you need to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejc999
Посмотреть сообщение
You can go on ******* and watch some tutorials on how to start a new server and basics that you need to know...
And that's exactly what i've been doing

Did you change the default rcon password in server properties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejc999
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you change the default rcon password in server properties?
Yeah I did

latest version is 0.3.7

Check if you downloaded 0.3.7 R2 client
and check if your sa-mp is 0.3.7

In the server console (or server_log.txt) you can see the server version, or even in the server browser you can see the version of the selected server.
When you connect you can see the client version (something like 'SA-MP 0.3.7 Started')

Something else that may cause it is if you are trying to connect with the wrong port (standard is 7777, is in server.cfg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugecin
Посмотреть сообщение
In the server console (or server_log.txt) you can see the server version, or even in the server browser you can see the version of the selected server.
When you connect you can see the client version (something like 'SA-MP 0.3.7 Started')

Something else that may cause it is if you are trying to connect with the wrong port (standard is 7777, is in server.cfg)
I think I see what the problem is, server_log.txt says dedicated server, and to test it I just wanna host it on my server, is there an easy way to change it?

Thanks for your help