Questions about mapping.

I am looking forward to start mapping because everyone says it is not that difficult, so is there anybody who can tell me which application i should use? And how can i work on a specific area? It would be great if you can explain to me how it goes when you are willing to map somewhere and download it to a server.

I've been using MTA Map Editor for mapping, it's pretty simple to use, you just enter the world and you're like in a spectator mode and you go where you want and you start adding objects, it's that simple

If you want to add it to the server just go to the mta installation folder and find the map you've saved and open it using notepad, now there are some letters and what not, but go to http://www.convertffs.com/ and just convert them, now when you have that just add these lines in your gamemode.

I prefer MTA map-editor because it's simple and very easy to be used, but you have to convert you code later as berz said.

You can also try JernejL's map-editor too. You can directly see the code and use the SA-MP objects, but I find this editor slower and hard to be used.

Try them both and see which one suits you better.

Use JernejL's map editor, since it's the easiest one to use and you can get the objects easily, trust me it is more user-friendly than MTA's, and the codes are easily usable, no need to convert anything.

There are a lot of threads with this question. A simple search would've been enough to answer all your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDawg
Посмотреть сообщение
Use JernejL's map editor, since it's the easiest one to use and you can get the objects easily, trust me it is more user-friendly than MTA's, and the codes are easily usable, no need to convert anything.
Combine this with Adri1's Map Mover. Pretty effective.
You can also use Fusez's Map Editor.

Use JernijL's its the most effective and you even edit values up to 0.001 that helps you make mappings very precise, MTA doesn't allow this feature, in MTA objects can be moved with the maximum rate 1, JernijL's a bit time consuming and easy and i think its worth your time mapping in JernijL's except MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiLeo
Посмотреть сообщение
Use JernijL's its the most effective and you even edit values up to 0.001 that helps you make mappings very precise, MTA doesn't allow this feature, in MTA objects can be moved with the maximum rate 1, JernijL's a bit time consuming and easy and i think its worth your time mapping in JernijL's except MTA
MTA allow this feature. There are two ways to do this:
- You can change this at the MTA map-editor settings.
- By clicking two times on the object and editing the values to whatever you want.

When I try to map something with JernejL's one it took much more time than MTA and it's hard to move the object to the right position.
I only use JernejL's map-editor to add some 0.3.7 objects or to remove the GTA original-objects.
This is my opinion. Some people prefer MTA, other JernejL's map-editor or both. Personal choice.

I advise you to try them both and choose which one you find easier.

--delete--