[GameMode] BFE - Best Freeroam Ever!

It's really good, but it can look even more good with more textdraws!

Keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by markparker12
View Post
It's really good, but it can look even more good with more textdraws!

Keep up the good work
Yeah you are right i made the text draws in a hurry well the appearance is not ultimate thing to be done its matter what in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreyas
View Post
Yeah you are right i made the text draws in a hurry well the appearance is not ultimate thing to be done its matter what in it
Well, just to inform you, appearance is the first thing that someone takes care of when looks on your server/gamemode... So you must pay more attention on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
Well, just to inform you, appearance is the first thing that someone takes care of when looks on your server/gamemode... So you must pay more attention on it
Ok bro i will make the text draw more beautiful and can u gimme more suggestions for feature updates?

Good work

Nice Work Man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreyas
View Post
Ok bro i will make the text draw more beautiful and can u gimme more suggestions for feature updates?
More minigames, gang system, achievement, MySQL saving system, more admin commands, more things to spend your money etc.

There are a few things that I would alter. I'll sum them up below.

If you don't want to read everything below, here's a summary:
> To avoid ID collision and save time, use an enum to store your dialogs in.
> You are best to put player-dependent global variable in your enum containing the player variables.
> Name your variables, enums and defines according to their purpose.
> You either use the stock keyword or you don't. Alternating between the use of it looks messy.
> Putting too many spaces in your statements and functions makes the code harder to read rather than enhance it.
> Instead of a bunch of if-statements to check constant values, use a switch-statement. It improves performance and readability.
> Use escape sequences where they are due such as: \t - this is like a tab in your IDE. It produces a horizontal tab aka indents the text.

Defining dialog ids was something I used to do myself and upon taking a closer look at the ShowPlayerDialog wiki page, I noticed that I could save time and avoid ID collisions by simply putting them in an enum. I highly recommend everyone to do so! You can keep the same names, so it's literally only the defines that you remove. So why not?:

PHP Code:
enum {

DIALOG_REGISTER,

DIALOG_LOGIN,

DIALOG_CHANGENAME,

DIALOG_PASS,

DIALOG_SETTINGS,

DIALOG_ACCOUNT,

DIALOGID,

DIALOG_VEHICLES,

VSETTINGS,

PSETTINGS,

WELCOME,

DIALOG_DM,

DIALOG_BAN,

DIALOG_TEMPBAN,

DIALOG_ADMINS,

DIALOG_COLOR,

DIALOG_RADIO,

DIALOG_CMDS,

DIALOG_CMDS_ADMIN,

DIALOG_CMDS_VEHICLE,

DIALOG_CMDS_ACCOUNT,

DIALOG_CMDS_VIP,

DIALOG_CMDS_PLAYER,

DIALOG_CMDS_HOUSE,

DIALOG_TELES,

ADMIN1,

ADMIN2,

ADMIN3,

ADMIN4,

ADMIN5,

DIALOG_CS,

DIALOG_ATTACH_INDEX,

DIALOG_ATTACH_INDEX_SELECTION,

DIALOG_ATTACH_EDITREPLACE,

DIALOG_ATTACH_MODEL_SELECTION,

DIALOG_ATTACH_BONE_SELECTION,

DIALOG_ATTACH_OBJECT_SELECTION,

DIALOG_ATTACH_OBJECT2_SELECTION,

DIALOG_STATS
}; 
I made a habit of putting every player-dependent variable in my enum. So these:
PHP Code:
new Float:SpecX[MAX_PLAYERS], Float:SpecY[MAX_PLAYERS], Float:SpecZ[MAX_PLAYERS], vWorld[MAX_PLAYERS], Inter[MAX_PLAYERS];
new 
IsSpecing[MAX_PLAYERS], IsBeingSpeced[MAX_PLAYERS],spectatorid[MAX_PLAYERS]; 
Would be put into the enum holding all the player variables:
PHP Code:
enum Data
{

Float:SpecX,

Float:SpecY,

Float:SpecZ,

vWorld,

Inter,

IsSpecing,

IsBeingSpeced,

spectatorid
}; 
The enum's name is also something we could argue about. It is conventional to name them according to their purpose. A few examples:

PHP Code:
enum E_PLAYER_DATA // This is usually the format I go with: E_*_DATA 
PHP Code:
enum PlayerInfo 
PHP Code:
enum PlayerData 
Same goes for naming your variables. An example from your gamemode:
PHP Code:
new Info[MAX_PLAYERS][Data]; 
I would go for something more clear like:
PHP Code:
new PlayerData[MAX_PLAYERS][ENUM_NAME]; 
Or just 'Player' is also sufficient:
PHP Code:
new Player[MAX_PLAYERS][ENUM_NAME]; 
I've got nothing against people that use the stock keyword where it's not needed. I encourage correct usage of keywords and such, but I tend to just ignore it when I see it. On the other hand, alternating use of the keyword is something that bothers me. You either use it or you don't. It even makes the code look messy.

Putting too many spaces is also not conventional. And the funny part is that you do this occasionally making the script look even messier. A few examples from your gamemode:
PHP Code:
switch (Info[playerid][inDMZone])
        {

case 
1:
            {

new 
Random random(sizeof(RandomSpawnsDE));

createdm(playerid,RandomSpawnsDE[Random][0], RandomSpawnsDE[Random][1], RandomSpawnsDE[Random][2], RandomSpawnsDE[Random][3],3,1,1,24,25,100,"");

}

case 
2:
            {

new 
Random random(sizeof(RandomSpawnsRW));

createdm(playerid,RandomSpawnsRW[Random][0], RandomSpawnsRW[Random][1], RandomSpawnsRW[Random][2], RandomSpawnsRW[Random][3],1,2,2,26,28,100,"");
                return 
1;
            }

case 
3:
            {

new 
Random random(sizeof(RandomSpawnsSOS));

createdm(playerid,RandomSpawnsRW[Random][0], RandomSpawnsSOS[Random][1], RandomSpawnsSOS[Random][2], RandomSpawnsSOS[Random][3],10,2,3,26,32,100,"");

}

case 
4:
            {

new 
Random random(sizeof(RandomSpawnsSNIPE));

createdm(playerid,RandomSpawnsSNIPE[Random][0], RandomSpawnsSNIPE[Random][1], RandomSpawnsSNIPE[Random][2], RandomSpawnsSNIPE[Random][3],3,4,4,25,34,100,"");
            }
            case 
5:
            {

new 
Random random(sizeof(RandomSpawnsCS));

createdm(playerid,RandomSpawnsCS[Random][0], RandomSpawnsCS[Random][1], RandomSpawnsCS[Random][2], RandomSpawnsCS[Random][3],0,77,5,31,16,100,"");
            }
        } 
PHP Code:
if ( sscanfparams"d"skinid )) return SendClientMessageplayerid0x6FFF00FF"{F07F1D}USAGE: {BBFF00}/skin <ID>" ); 
PHP Code:
CMD:changename playerid 
Use a switch-statement when checking a a lot of constant values instead of a bunch of if-statements. It improves performance and readability. I won't copy paste examples from your gamemode as I'm addressing your whole OnDialogResponse callback.

Use escape sequences where they are due. In your case, an example would be '\t'. It's the escape sequence to indent code like your IDE would do with code. So use the '\t' character instead of having text with a bunch of spaces like below:
PHP Code:
                    strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /ban             "PINK"      - "CYAN"Ban a Rule breaker\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /spec            "PINK"      - "CYAN"Spectate a player\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /specoff         "PINK"      - "CYAN"Stop spectating\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /warn            "PINK"      - "CYAN"Warn a Rule breaker\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /tempban         "PINK"      - "CYAN"Ban a Rule breaker temporary\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /jail            "PINK"      - "CYAN"Jail the Rule Breaker\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /unjail          "PINK"      - "CYAN"Unjail the jailed one\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /mute            "PINK"      - "CYAN"Shut the mouth of Rule breaker \n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /unmute          "PINK"      - "CYAN"Un mute the muted one\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /gethere         "PINK"      - "CYAN"Get a plaer to Admin's location\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /announce        "PINK"      - "CYAN"Make an Announcement\n");

strcat(bigstring""ORANGE" •"YELLOW" /kick            "PINK"      - "CYAN"Kick a Rule breaker\n"); 
I haven't check every single line and I won't. I don't want to look like a douchebag by criticizing your code this much, but do take it as constructive criticism and try to improve where possible.

Thanks for your suggestion and lol i know \t and i used it on first but it made the dialog very messy if u wanna test u can do and those unneccesaary spaces came becuase i forgot to delete those spaces at first the dm was not function so i made it as function and compressed and its unfinished script too anyway thanks for ur suggestion im also bad in pretty printing......

and also The other suggestions dont feel bad, those are the most useless suggestions i heard ever, the name given to the variables it can be anything there should no rule for that idk why you suggesting to use E_USER im not writing any tutorial its a gm and that made for my server people with brains could understand that also Using this name for variables (Info) is also understandable to people who knows english

And above all i have seen multiple posts you forcing people to script in your way like you said here you have habit of this and that but Every have their own way to script so please dont force them to do it in your way.It may be okay for you 'cause you just want to show how you do and it maybe comfortable to you not to others im speaking from my experience it will reduce your stats in a society Again thanks for suggestions,eventhough most of the m are useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
More minigames, gang system, achievement, MySQL saving system, more admin commands, more things to spend your money etc.
OK i will add them in next build thanks

test /givecash or /setmoney or /setcash

Nice gm.

thanks and givemoney is working fine for me

Can you give us the includes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progamerisrael1
View Post
Can you give us the includes?
Download links:

why every compile always : Protype ?

Cool