Explorer Bug

I've reported this before on another account but the bug has returned, so I thought I'd record what actually happens:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geuOzS4VEO8[/ame]

As you can see, if I hover over (causing the little dialog box to appear with the names of a few of the files in the folder (and their file extensions)) or open a folder containing .pwn files, Windows Explorer freezes and then restarts, including the taskbar.

I thought I'd fixed this about a week or so ago, when I downloaded TuneUp Utilities by AVG and ran a few fixes with it. After this, I could hover over and even open folders containing .pwn files again, but I didn't get around to opening any .pwn files until yesterday.

When I tried to open a .pwn file, Windows asked me to choose a program to open the file with, rather than just opening it with pawno like it usually does, but I figured it was because TuneUp had reset something somewhere to do with file types. So instead, I opened pawno and tried to open a file from the file browser in there, but as soon as I opened the gamemodes folder, the little browser window froze and then closed, leaving pawno with no document open. I tried to run TuneUp again, but this time it didn't fix anything.

I'm using Windows 10. This is really frustrating because I haven't been able to do any coding on my server for a while now.

UPDATE: Fixed by reinstalling Windows.

lol its the problem of your pc try removing temporary files and using registry cleaner and pc cleaner like softwares too

I could give you a few solutions.

* Move those server file to a new location and check again if it works or not.

* Tick view hidden items and check for any.

If none of them works , then i suggest you to run a complete scan on your os and remove all the virus.If this also does not work,then re-install the operating system.

By the way your pc specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitcher
Посмотреть сообщение
I could give you a few solutions.

* Move those server file to a new location and check again if it works or not.

* Tick view hidden items and check for any.

If none of them works , then i suggest you to run a complete scan on your os and remove all the virus.If this also does not work,then re-install the operating system.

By the way your pc specs?
I can't move any folders containing .pwn files, nor can I delete them. Everything crashes explorer. I have no viruses, and I've defragmented my registry, cleaned up my registry, defragmented my drive, and run multiple virus scans.

I've just tried to open my gamemodes folder in sandboxed mode, and it doesn't crash explorer, but none of the files load. It just says "Working on it..." indefinitely.

My PC specs:

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz
8GB RAM
ASUS H97M-E motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU
KINGSTON 450GB SSD
Seagate 2TB USB 3.0 Drive

Try a Linux live USB to see if you can access it through there. If you can't, it's the drive. If you can it's Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Try a Linux live USB to see if you can access it through there. If you can't, it's the drive. If you can it's Windows.
It was Windows. After trying everything, and everything failing, I decided to just do a reinstallation of Windows 10. Works fine now.