Toshiba laptop, is it worth buying?

Hi,

Is this laptop any good? Will it run things such as SA:MP/mine craft/etc well?
http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-Satel...roduct_1936939

I'm not really any good with this sort of thing and from what I gather from the reviews, there are some mixed opinions.

Looks fine to me. I think you should get it but remember that you cannot upgrade it a PC is way better.

I plan on purchasing a PC sometime in the future, but definitely not right now. I just want to make sure that this laptop isn't going to be a waste of money/time.

It'd be great if I could get some further opinions, I've heard some mixed things about Toshiba recently.

The graphics card sucks. I wouldn't buy it. Get one with nvidia at least.

Don't bother buying it, I have one myself and in fact it's the same model as yours is. It can run SAMP really well but other than that you'll experience only 30 fps gaming which is also not mostly stable. One of the worst part about this laptop is it's cheap design, there is a flaw to their design because they installed the screen into the laptop itself and the case can easily come off after a period of time, I had to open up my laptop a few times to fix it and even the screw holes got broken at this time, you are better off purchasing a HP laptop or any laptop that installs its screen externally or uses better design material.

Do you have any recommendations for something in the same price range? I've had two HP laptops that commonly overheated after a while so I'm afraid that I'll just go through the same thing again if I go with HP.

HP are cheapos too. Dell would be a better choice. I have an old latitude and it's solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
HP are cheapos too. Dell would be a better choice. I have an old latitude and it's solid.
Dell sucks, dont even buy if you plan to game on your laptop. (I have a dell but i prefer my Mac or PC instead always)
Their laptop in general sucks unless its a pricey piece of shit like an alienware but i would suggest you to stay away from DELL at all costs.
Look for a HP and yes Toshiba is good as well but tbh there are better laptops than it for almost the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanSEE
Посмотреть сообщение
Dell sucks, dont even buy if you plan to game on your laptop. (I have a dell but i prefer my Mac or PC instead always)
Their laptop in general sucks unless its a pricey piece of shit like an alienware but i would suggest you to stay away from DELL at all costs.
Look for a HP and yes Toshiba is good as well but tbh there are better laptops than it for almost the same price.
Do you have any evidence to support these accusations? One of my relatives had a cell with Vista that was shitty, hanging and crashing like clockwork but I don't know if it's still the case.

The reviews don't seem to be too shabby for this particular model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanSEE
Посмотреть сообщение
Most toshiba and hp laptops, use cheap materials. Their keys fall off after a while, and they are just made out of crappy plastic. And that's why they ship all these laptops to Mexico. HP and Toshiba are spammed there.

However, any brand is good. They use cheap materials so people can afford them. Just look for one that is well constructed.

What you need is a lot of RAM to run minecraft smoothly, get at least 4 GB and have a 64 bit system to go with it in that case. So that you can allocate more memory to the game.

And for other games get a good graphics card (nvidia preferably) and at least core 2 duo, core 2 duo vpro or even i3.

Just a quick tip: Don't bother looking at laptops with Intel HD Graphics.