Antivirus Software Question

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what antivirus I should get for my personal computer, I've been thinking of getting one of theses; McAfee or Norton, but I don't know what one to get...

Can I get one of yours guys opinion(s) on which one I should get and why I should get it.

EDIT: I'm currently using Avast and seems okay, but it slows down my folder, files and browser opening times...

Cheers

Both are equally rubbish. Especially if you intend to pay for them as in that case you will also get ripped off. Avast free + MBAM + some common sense keeps you clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Both are equally rubbish. Especially if you intend to pay for them as in that case you will also get ripped off. Avast free + MBAM + some common sense keeps you clean.

Alright thanks for your feedback. Avast slowed my PC performance down So I had to uninstall it same with AVG. So I need antivirus that doesn't slow my PC performance down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMc
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright thanks for your feedback. Avast slowed my PC performance down So I had to uninstall it same with AVG. So I need antivirus that doesn't slow my PC performance down.
Then buy a better computer instead...

Common Sense <current year>

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
They all slow it down, because they do stuff in the background. Its just about how much they do.
I once chose AVG for having a good performance and a good detection. Tons of ads in the free version though. Since then I disabled it and only use it for occasional checks.
Best antivirus still is sitting right in front of the PC. Just know what youre doing and keep things updated, and youre safe.

Mcafee is trash....
Read an article once where a consumer stated it detected important files as a virus and the PC wouldnt boot up anymore

use AVG + MalwareBytes.

Yes. Use me please.

AVG.
Used for years, no complains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsCody
Посмотреть сообщение
Mcafee is trash....
Read an article once where a consumer stated it detected important files as a virus and the PC wouldnt boot up anymore

use AVG + MalwareBytes.
Okay I'll try one of them, would Kaspersky be a good one antivirus to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
They all slow it down, because they do stuff in the background. Its just about how much they do.
I once chose AVG for having a good performance and a good detection. Tons of ads in the free version though. Since then I disabled it and only use it for occasional checks.
Best antivirus still is sitting right in front of the PC. Just know what youre doing and keep things updated, and youre safe.
Would it be better to go for paid or free antivirus and why? I'm currently using Avast and seems okay, but it slows down my folder, files and browser opening times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes. Use me please.

AVG.
Used for years, no complains.
Alright I'll try AVG and see how it goes, thanks!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay I'll try one of them, would Kaspersky be a good one antivirus to use?
It's kind of ugly for real.