Loud or quiet fan?

Hi!

I'm about to buy two new fans, but I'm really not good about the noice level etc.

Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm PWM - Blue LED

But the noise level are up in 36 dB (in high speed) Plus it is a PWM fan.

So are it still noisy?

Because I had 19 dB fans before and they were noisy as hell.

But they were not PWM fans though and not on their highest speed.

But I don't know if that makes so much sense.

Thanks! .

The bigger the fan the less noise. Noctua fans are good but their color scheme is butt ugly (brown and beige) and doesn't match with anything. Corsair SP and AF fans are also pretty good. Get static pressure (SP) fans if air has to flow through obstacles (hard drive cage, heatsink, radiator, ...) and airflow (AF) fans for unobstructed airflow.

Thanks! But are the one ok I mentioned? (Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm PWM - Blue LED)

Ive been using bequiet silent wings ever since. The 120mm is advertised as generating just 16db(A) at maximum speed (1500u/min). Thats pretty quiet. The air turbolences in the PC case are actually louder than the fan itself. Though it is still noticeable (my PC is designed for maximum silence, speeding up that 120mm fan increases volume by several orders of magnitude). 36db(a) would mathematically be 4 times as loud (though rated db are a strange unit to calculate with, so its not exactly 4 times as loud) This would be annoying if the rest of your PC is pretty silent. If you didnt care a lot about silence for the other PC parts it wont be that bad.

But most importantly: the good thing about 120mm fans is that they produce a nice airflow even when running at low RPM. Most of the time you just wont need more airflow. And at low RPMs the cooler master fan still is quiet enough for most requirements. With proper fan speed controls even really bad fans can be quieter than expensive ones.

Hmm, don't seem so much worth it then.
As I hated my 19 dB fans.
The sound level was pretty ok before putting in the 19 dB.

Are there any 120 mm PWM with blue led? That don't make much noise?
Was searching as hell for one.

Dosen't seems so usually. The site dosen't matter so much wich contry it's from.

Price: Around 20 Ј. If I converted it correct.

dB isnt everything. First, the specified value isnt always at full RPM. This needs to be checked when comparing two fans.
Second, dB(A) is a filtered value, adjusted to the human hearing. E.g. there might be subsonic vibrations that resonate in the PC case and so cause more noise. Proper mounting of the fans is an important thing when aiming for quiet operation. Air turbolences often are the thing that makes fans loud at higher RPMs, so the positioning of the fan and the PC interior can also make fans sound louder with lower dB(A).

A quick search for alternatives brought up the SilverStone AP series. I didnt check many details, but they seem to be quite silent (22 dB(A)) at full speed), not expensive, and offer LED lighting.

Well, it is a Cooler Master fan, they make the best ones (imo). I have a 120mm fan in my PC right now and on full load (GTA V on ultra and shit, you know), I really can't hear a thing haha + it's a PWM fan so I think you wouldn't hear a thing but it depends on your whole rig too.