Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay [ Heavy RP ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
View Post
I wonder how you do the sleep thingy.

Is that like, a player goes near a bed, sleeps and waits all the time of the night ?

Because after all its a multiplayer game, when you go to sleep, doesn\'t mean other players also go to sleep so you can\'t skip forward.

And the night is almost as long as the day (should be 12 hours, but day is slightly longer)
Well you just have to /sleep and it will apply an animation anywhere you are ( even if you are on the bed which is inside the Shelter ). Then you will have your Energy bar increasing with 0.1 units each second.

How is the leveling up system is going to work?

I mean will there be xp bars or you will level up like the usual rp servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfs
View Post
How is the leveling up system is going to work?

I mean will there be xp bars or you will level up like the usual rp servers?
Yup every played hour in game, you get 1 EXP and you need your level X 10 to level up.

Sounds great! I might join the server to check out your script features!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzammilfreeman
View Post
Sounds great! I might join the server to check out your script features!
Thank you for the positive feedback! Will do my best to launch it ASAP

You can make pretty good hunger and food system for this script. Good luck Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerMapping
View Post
You can make pretty good hunger and food system for this script. Good luck Lucky
Thank you for the tip & feedback bro!

I usually don\'t like RP but i\'ll check this out when it\'s finished, good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister
View Post
Thanks, I wish you luck too.

It would be interesting to see other users view on this? How would anyone else keep deathmatch to an acceptable rate of a survival roleplay server?
Personally having a good and solid set of clear and well thought out rules helps a lot with things like this. A good tutorial to explain how the server works and what is acceptable and what isn\'t. Active admins who know the rules and have enough sense to be able to deal with those who do ruin the game for others. Although honestly what I\'ve just said is mostly a given!

The thing is with a server like this there could be lots of different reasons as to why someone would kill someone in game. Their character might be a raider which means they would have a reason to automatically attack anyone who isn\'t a fellow raider or someone who they are affiliated with.

My own personal opinion is that heavy RP doesn\'t really work as well as if you had it set to a medium/light RP server. RP servers like these are really good fun but they can become dull if there\'s no action or if there\'s not enough RP action that can be done.

Finally my personal opinion on "deathmatch" in servers like this is that it\'s not deathmatch if it has an RP reason behind it (see my raider example further up). Maybe I\'ve looked at this in the wrong light but this is my 2 cents on it.

Topic updated with the mapping. Please let me know what do you think.

Cool mapping, looking forward to the server! Good luck on the launching.

Do you need a professional mapper? My friend is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister
View Post
Thanks, I wish you luck too.

I believe instead of restricting players of robbing/looting/killing - they must have a valid, productive reason in which to kill another. Like it or not you will get players who will simply come out with a "I want his stuff" or "I don\'t take chances". Instead (and I am still figuring this one out) I think there should a productive outcome or reason in killing/attacking another. If you\'re a bandit who steals, rob them. If they turn in defense, feel free to kill them since the victim has decided to take a chance of their lives. In a realistic point of view - yes, it all comes down to survival. But at the same time you must attempt to separate the deathmatch with the roleplay otherwise it will turn into another DayZ survival like server. Though I prefer a more roleplay action fight rather than a shoot-on-sight type of thing.

It would be interesting to see other users view on this? How would anyone else keep deathmatch to an acceptable rate of a survival roleplay server?
Well I have worked on a server where when you kill a player, the loot drop is never 100% of what they have had. Basically it simulates a system where when a player dies, the items they were carrying get\'s damaged and unusable. That way, most bandit will resort to mugging and robbing rather than just killing and stealing the loot.

EDIT: Removed. Old information

I was dreaming of this lmao. My home town was mapped with different SAMP objects but it looked real, as real as a dream can be of course. Best of luck to this, there\'s not many of this type of servers out there at the moment (from what I can see)!

I Love it! Well done

Can\'t wait for a server with this script!

I\'d love to play on this one man! I used to play on PARP alot but it became laggy and full of idiots so I left it and I haven\'t played samp in nearly 2 years this might just be the server to bring me back.

Very nice, and if you\'re opening a server only for players don\'t open because a good playerbase will take time, every server start has days with 10+ players online however most likely everyone is leaving perhaps one or two are staying. If you want to create a server do it for yourself because you like creating it. I know it\'s hard to do it without the proper attention it deserves but it is what it is. Try to advertise as much as you can etc but don\'t expect a shitload of players in the first months, if so you\'re lucky.

And I like the idea very much plus the mappings that you\'re showing are outstanding. But I know another server with almost the same aspect only there are larger cities within where you can\'t be hostile to each other where a government could run for instance, however there are zombies and I never liked zombies, at least the zombies are kill-able at that server, if there\'s not more as one, lol.

Awesome map!