Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay [ Heavy RP ]

Hello community. For the past few months, I've been working alone on a really special script, which would be a Roleplay one, but a little bit different. It will be an Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay, aka a Roleplay based in Los Santos after the Apocalypse. What you must do to survive is to Eat, Drink, Sleep and maintain your Body Temperature cool. Also, you will either have to craft weapons ( by finding the gun parts ) or you can easily just find them ( if you are lucky enough ).

The reason I'm posting this thread is because I really want to see if there would be someone interested in playing this kind of RP server, which again, I mention that it's a Heavy one, not Light, not Medium. Any feedback is really appreciated, and I will continue to update this thread with photos of my script features in case you guys want to see. Thank you very much for your time.

Some map updates of Los Santos, made by a professional mapper:

Your idea is quite different but it sounds great, I'd love to play on this server.

I'd love to see it.

Good idea, why not add a house building system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfs
View Post
Good idea, why not add a house building system?
There are Shelters, yes

Players will come..
Everything Takes Time.

Very interesting, will definitely give it a try.

EDIT: More picts would be appreciated.

Quote:
View Post
Very interesting, will definitely give it a try.

EDIT: More picts would be appreciated.
Vehicle Trunk & Info:

Not something really awesome, but I like to maintain things simple and efficient :3

Neat! but in the vehicle trunk it would be better if you put the text alignmed like this :
1. Empty Slot
2. Empty Slot
etc...

Quote:
View Post
Neat! but in the vehicle trunk it would be better if you put the text alignmed like this :

1. Empty Slot

2. Empty Slot

etc...
Sure, I will change that Thank you for the tip.

Nice to see an apocalyptic RP server again, and it looks good so far!
If you remember, PM me when it\'s done and i will definitely join.

awesome idea!
i\'ll surely play on that server !

Cool, i\'ve been seeing the reemergence of these servers a lot lately, things such as Fallout samp, Dayz samp etc. some with the concept of roleplay and others with light roleplay. They all have very cool ideas and its nice to see some competition arriving in the market. It should hopefully drive up the quality of the scripts and communities so that these servers continue to thrive and evolve.

Nice work man!

Been working on a similar thing for about a year now, we\'ve just kick started it this January after getting a few people on board and opening a test server.

I really like the idea of a survival/apocalypse roleplay server - though one thing keeps passing my mind on how to handle the deathmatch rule? I mean, since it being the \'end of the world\' type of thing players may use that as a reason to upfront kill anyone in sight to take their loot.

What is your view on it just out of curiosity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13
View Post
There are Shelters, yes

Looks great. Hope to see more screenshots of it.

Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister
View Post
Been working on a similar thing for about a year now, we\'ve just kick started it this January after getting a few people on board and opening a test server.

I really like the idea of a survival/apocalypse roleplay server - though one thing keeps passing my mind on how to handle the deathmatch rule? I mean, since it being the \'end of the world\' type of thing players may use that as a reason to upfront kill anyone in sight to take their loot.

What is your view on it just out of curiosity?
Well first of all thank you for the positive feedback and I wish you my bests to your Project aswell Second, about the DeathMatch-..I would limit it if you really have a reason to Injure a player. In my case, if the script detects that you are below 30 HP, you will fall on the ground being /injured. At this stage, you cannot use your inventory, you cannot give items, drop etc etc-..you just have to wait for someone to help you with a Medkit ( or die scriptwise in 10 minutes xD ) So yeah, you could also limit the robbing like maybe 3-5 items per player? And you shouldn\'t be allowed to rob more than 2-3 people per hour I guess? I think it would fit okay from my point of view-...If they really just want to kill for items, there are plenty of DayZ SA:MP server so I don\'t see the point why they should join a Roleplay one if they are going to do this-..But again, this is my point of view-..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13
View Post
Well first of all thank you for the positive feedback and I wish you my bests to your Project aswell Second, about the DeathMatch-..I would limit it if you really have a reason to Injure a player. In my case, if the script detects that you are below 30 HP, you will fall on the ground being /injured. At this stage, you cannot use your inventory, you cannot give items, drop etc etc-..you just have to wait for someone to help you with a Medkit ( or die scriptwise in 10 minutes xD ) So yeah, you could also limit the robbing like maybe 3-5 items per player? And you shouldn\'t be allowed to rob more than 2-3 people an hour I guess? I think it would fit okay from my point of view-...If they really just want to kill for items, there are plenty of DayZ SA:MP server so I don\'t see the point why they should join a Roleplay one if they are going to do this-..But again, this is my point of view-..
Thanks, I wish you luck too.

I believe instead of restricting players of robbing/looting/killing - they must have a valid, productive reason in which to kill another. Like it or not you will get players who will simply come out with a "I want his stuff" or "I don\'t take chances". Instead (and I am still figuring this one out) I think there should a productive outcome or reason in killing/attacking another. If you\'re a bandit who steals, rob them. If they turn in defense, feel free to kill them since the victim has decided to take a chance of their lives. In a realistic point of view - yes, it all comes down to survival. But at the same time you must attempt to separate the deathmatch with the roleplay otherwise it will turn into another DayZ survival like server. Though I prefer a more roleplay action fight rather than a shoot-on-sight type of thing.

It would be interesting to see other users view on this? How would anyone else keep deathmatch to an acceptable rate of a survival roleplay server?

I wonder how you do the sleep thingy.

Is that like, a player goes near a bed, sleeps and waits all the time of the night ?
Because after all its a multiplayer game, when you go to sleep, doesn\'t mean other players also go to sleep so you can\'t skip forward.

And the night is almost as long as the day (should be 12 hours, but day is slightly longer)

It might be hard to adapt to but I think it sounds cool though it seems a bit like dayz