Why are there so many roleplay servers?

I just clicked onto the Server Advertisements board for the first time in ages and I was amazed at how many roleplay servers there are.

What's the deal with it? What makes roleplay servers so popular and why does everyone feel the need to make one when there are already so many of them with pretty much the exact same features and half of them with 0 players?

Money

Because I think there are many FPS, races and fun games, while basic, GTA is closer to our reality and "SAMP" allows us to play a similar character to life we might wish, through GamesModes RP.

Because there are very few games, if any, that manage to facilitate "every-day" life roleplay which SA:MP is able to.

Question Is how many of the roleplay servers are giving refunds which is not really roleplay at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Because there are very few games, if any, that manage to facilitate "every-day" life roleplay which SA:MP is able to.
Have you herd of Second Life?
That's just one of them, but there are more.

I do agree with the 1st response, which is money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly this.

Shame that 80% of the roleplay servers out there are just gamemode edits of NGRP or refund mad. Personally, any server that has refunds written on it is a no no to play for me.

So many roleplay servers? Oh please there's barely any PLAYABLE ones.

89% of them out there are edited scripts that yell non sensical "refunds" that completely destroys the definition of it.

Give it 1 month and you will see most of them die due lack of players because people lost the patience these days to even wait.

Meanwhile communities that worked hard creating their own unique system and ways of playing are shunned upon because people are fed with generic servers ran by kids with utterly most disgusting lack of imagination.

Blimey!

Easy to script. Money

Roleplay servers are classic gamemode kind, since SA-MP borns.