Y-Less's sticky threads.

So uhh... Well, when Y-Less deleted his posts he took out some important stuff. We have recovered a lot but there are some we need to rebuild. One in particular for example is the one that was stickied to the Scripting Help section, the one that told users how to be more likely to have their questions answered. The Scripting Help section has been such a mess lately! Most of the threads have titles that don't even relate to the questions at all, his thread had a suggestion for that. Some of them don't even have examples or show what was tried, it had a suggestion for that too.

Let's start a some new one's in place of them.

The reason I came here instead of doing it myself is because I can't really recall all of the things he had on that thread. It was pretty extensive. We should discuss what should be on it before someone goes on posting one. Obviously the two I mentioned above, but there was a lot more than those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
So uhh... Well, when Y-Less deleted his posts he took out some important stuff. We have recovered a lot but there are some we need to rebuild. One in particular for example is the one that was stickied to the Scripting Help section, the one that told users how to be more likely to have their questions answered. The Scripting Help section has been such a mess lately! Most of the threads have titles that don't even relate to the questions at all, his thread had a suggestion for that. Some of them don't even have examples or show what was tried, it had a suggestion for that too.

Let's start a some new one's in place of them.

The reason I came here instead of doing it myself is because I can't really recall all of the things he had on that thread. It was pretty extensive. We should discuss what should be on it before someone goes on posting one. Obviously the two I mentioned above, but there was a lot more than those.
And your point is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joron
Посмотреть сообщение
And your point is?
How about you read the whole thing. The point is obvious. We need new ones, because the old ones are deleted.

Here is a few ones that I noticed are a huge problem in the section: (I am not sure if they where in ******'s thread or not though.)

* Always have proper indentation in code.
* Only paste short code and use pastebin if the code is big.
* SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

*Post the code we aren't magicians to know what's wrong without seeing it!
Something like this was also :P and yeah Crayder thanks for opening this topic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joron
Посмотреть сообщение
And your point is?
hahaha LOL awesome rek Lad.!. ure so smart n cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
hahaha LOL awesome rek Lad.!. ure so smart n cool!
This is serious, no place for jokes...

The major problem with the scripting help section is the people that have absolutely no idea what they're doing offering up terrible fixes and suggestions.

If you don't know how to help, don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
The major problem with the scripting help section is the people that have absolutely no idea what they're doing offering up terrible fixes and suggestions.

If you don't know how to help, don't.
I believe that sums it up, if people actually follow up with that, we'll have a great Scripting Help section.

I still definitely believe that with this sticky there will be a lot less bad threads. It had a large effect before, and it can again. It's needed especially since it looks like the Scripting Help section is the most popular section, and the most popular section always comes with dumb stuff.