(Mapping) retexturing GTA sa objectes

Hi.
How can i change the texture of an object (with SetMaterialObject ) without making a CreatObject.
For exemple : i want to change all roads il San Andrйas ,so i 'm not going to creatobject all roads , i'm just loking for retuxturing thиme with setmaterialobject without creating an object .

So what you are asking for is the ability to retexture all of the existant GTA San Andreas roads? That means you have to mod your game, it doesn't have anything to do with pawn.

Not possible

*edit at least not serverside ^^

This is not possible. It is impossible even if you create the objects server sided. You can't remove all the roads from the game, because there is a limit for RemoveBuildingForPlayer as well.

But, if you are certain that your players will not travel the whole map in one game session, then you can only remove the roads that the player will be driving through / visiting, rather than everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
Посмотреть сообщение
This is not possible. It is impossible even if you create the objects server sided. You can't remove all the roads from the game, because there is a limit for RemoveBuildingForPlayer as well.

But, if you are certain that your players will not travel the whole map in one game session, then you can only remove the roads that the player will be driving through / visiting, rather than everything.
Actually it's quite possible to remove all roads from the map, recreate them with createobject and retexture them, however I wouldn't suggest it just because of the problems it will create for low speed internets

And nope, it's not possible to retexture anything you haven't created serversided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually it's quite possible to remove all roads from the map, recreate them with createobject and retexture them, however I wouldn't suggest it just because of the problems it will create for low speed internets

And nope, it's not possible to retexture anything you haven't created serversided.
You can't remove all the roads. The client will crash.

in Map Editor duplicate all roads, move them 0.01 above original and set texture - done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
in Map Editor duplicate all roads, move them 0.01 above original and set texture - done.
This is incredibly bad for your server though, it'd turn your server into an unoptimized server with massive lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio
Посмотреть сообщение
This is incredibly bad for your server though, it'd turn your server into an unoptimized server with massive lag.
If your concern is object count, It won't matter. Because there are scripters here which have like 100,000 objects and those servers run with no issue. Also, I don't think there are more than 5000 road objects at SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
Посмотреть сообщение
If your concern is object count, It won't be matter. Because there are scripters here which have like 100,000 objects and those servers run with no issue. Also, I don't think there are more than 5000 road objects at SA-MP.
Yep but then again what about players with low internet speeds? They will most likely fall off the map.

Edit: The point I am trying to make is there will be A LOT of objects for a player to stream whenever he/she moves hence the massive lag for players with low internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio
Посмотреть сообщение
Yep but then again what about players with low internet speeds? They will most likely fall off the map.

Edit: The point I am trying to make is there will be A LOT of objects for a player to stream whenever he/she moves hence the massive lag for players with low internet speeds.
You are not removing original roads, only adding an extra layer above it, I don't see an issue, other than SA originally use decimal numbers for object rotation, and almost all roads ends up being rotated by 3.16 degree etc, once I redo one area of LS, I stopped it, cuz its pain in the ass to get right rotation for the objects.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You are not removing original roads, only adding an extra layer above it, I don't see an issue, other than SA originally use decimal numbers for object rotation, and almost all roads ends up being rotated by 3.16 degree etc, once I redo one area of LS, I stopped it, cuz its pain in the ass to get right rotation for the objects.
I thought you were removing original roads as well, my bad. Sorry. ^^

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There is an option at the map editor to reset angles.