After about 2-3 years, i can to visit this place again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie scripter
Посмотреть сообщение
And btw mauzen, did you make any new projects? I loved your projects, there were unique.
Not really, 2015 probably was my most inactive year in samp. Ive got a bunch of plans though, but no idea when Ill continue with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe, a better idea would be to make an SA-MP organization at GitHub and provide access to the source code to only trusted members. I can think of 12321321312398239480234 problems which need to be addressed before SA-MP goes open source.
Well, I guess finding trusted members and keeping the source closed would be more work than making it available for everyone. It was leaked before, even by very trusted members.

Making it visible to public would allow retards to exploit bugs to develop insane hacks. Of course they can be fixed immediately once someone discovers but this will take more time than to make a cheat.

The second issue is , someone might fork the repo and then modify and publish their version. Many might even update to it and when an official release comes in , the developer might not even update his fork which will screw the owners/developers who were using it.

Third issue is people can modify to obtain sensitive information of the user by modifying the client. Maybe client must not be open sourced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas
Посмотреть сообщение
Making it visible to public would allow retards to exploit bugs to develop insane hacks. Of course they can be fixed immediately once someone discovers but this will take more time than to make a cheat.

The second issue is , someone might fork the repo and then modify and publish their version. Many might even update to it and when an official release comes in , the developer might not even update his fork which will screw the owners/developers who were using it.

Third issue is people can modify to obtain sensitive information of the user by modifying the client. Maybe client must not be open sourced?
No shit, these are the most obvious things that everyone is aware of. These are all consequences and there are many more. Think of the positives, they outlast all of the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
No shit, these are the most obvious things that everyone is aware of. These are all consequences and there are many more. Think of the positives, they outlast all of the consequences.
No they don't, The biggest consequence would be splitting the community into god knows how many communities that would have created their own version of SA:MP causing the PB to drop drastically. None of the positives could make that up. Even if you make an amazing version there's a high chance you'll get no players whatsoever. Considering the fact that everyone would advertise their version as the "best" until players are lost not knowing which one to actually play. It would be the same case as it is with servers nowadays, Edits are full of players while unique ones are empty. In my opinion, making SA:MP an open source would seal its end.