Converting from Windows to Linux

Hi there!

My server is working great at the moment, but as my VPS is changing to Linux I need help with a few questions.
When I start my server, the gamemode isn't loading, it says "Unknown" on the gamemode listing. I figured it could only mean a few things

It's not reading my plugins correctly
or
It's not reading my includes correctly

has anyone else had this problem before? I'd appreciate all help I can get! Thanks in advance !

Solved my own problem!

FIX:
Going into plugins on server.cfg and putting ".so" after every plugin, example: "streamer.so"

You'll also need to change the actual plugins so that they have .so instead of .dll not just in the server.cfg.

1. A server does not read includes, only the compiler will ever do that.
2. A Linux server requires Linux plugins, make sure you're using the '.so' files.
3. In the server.cfg, Linux will only load the plugins if you write their full name, including the extension.
4. Show us your server log.

EDIT: Late! I was busy in other tabs...

Paste here your server logs to get the problem fixed.

In my experiance to convert a gamemode from Windows to Linux. (from a host POV)

If using npcs make all names lower case and use _ for spaces e.g. John Doe -> john_doe because linux kernel would render that as j^ohn%20d^oe and because that doesn't match the server it wont find the NPC.

Plugins just find the corresponding linux build version.

Mysql can sometimes have an issue across OS however i haven't seen any of these problems since R34 onwards.

on server.cfg on windows you can load plugins by just name (no extension) but on linux you have to have .so extension or they will not load.

make sure all files are present: filterscripts, includes etc.

Once you have done/checked the above it should work.