Multiple IPs & SA-MP

Well, I was seeking help regarding this on IRC, the other day, but couldn't come up with a concrete solution.

I got a Dedicated server with has 3 IPs assigned to it. (Say IP1, IP2 & IP3). While I started a SA-MP instance on port 7777, I was able to query that server using IP1:7777, but not IP2:7777 or IP3:7777. Why is this so?

Secondly, while having one instance of SA:MP running on port 7777, I initiated another on port 6666. Now, even the new server is responding to query only from IP1:6666 but not IP2:6666 & IP3:6666.

Any idea what's wrong? I remember having been able to query the instances from other assigned IPs earlier (IP2 & IP3). But things don't seem to work that way now. Kindly opine.

Your script is probably reading your first IP and disregarding the rest.

Basically, it looks at the first set of numbers, regardless, and ignores the other 2

You cannot run multiple servers from the same port, best thing is to use some DNS routing and use a subdomain or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulsoud
Посмотреть сообщение
Your script is probably reading your first IP and disregarding the rest.

Basically, it looks at the first set of numbers, regardless, and ignores the other 2
I doubt if its so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izeatfishz
Посмотреть сообщение
You cannot run multiple servers from the same port, best thing is to use some DNS routing and use a subdomain or something.
You haven't seem to have read my post properly. I haven't mentioned anything about running multiple servers on same port.

Any experienced members, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB
Посмотреть сообщение
I doubt if its so.

You haven't seem to have read my post properly. I haven't mentioned anything about running multiple servers on same port.

Any experienced members, please?
You want to redirect the other additional IPS for the main server? doing so 3 IPS that come in only one main IP correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoberteDl
Посмотреть сообщение
You want to redirect the other additional IPS for the main server? doing so 3 IPS that come in only one main IP correct?
Not exactly. Well, if you see, I got 1 SA;MP instance already working on port 7777. So IP1:7777 works fine.
When I setup another SA:MP instance on port 6666, I want to connect to it using IP2:6666; but presently, it seems to be working only with IP1:6666, strangely.

Oh, I figured it out. Thanks to members of forum & IRC.

BIND is the key. But I never knew, that two separate IPs assigned to one box, could run 2 servers on same port.
Like for eg, say port 80 (HTTP). The website you see on IP1:80 is same as IP2:80, by default. So I thought SA;MP would be working on the same grounds, until I realised the facts.
Thanks.

If you can help me I will be grateful too, see my topic.

here