Problem with my GTA SA -> 800x600x32 Video Mode

I am frustrated with some major problem:

I've bought a new laptop which supports maximum resolution upto 1366 x 768 with Windows 10.

I installed GTA SA,

As I tried to open it, it always gives me the following error:

Cannot find 800x600x38 video mode

I am searching the net for almost 3 days now, and I haven't found any solution yet. I am posting this topic at 3:00 AM now.

But I would like someone to explain this stuff to me in this topic:

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=372410

OR
Let me quote it for you:
Quote:

It's likely your monitor doesn't support such low resolutions.
The fix should be simple enough, just use command lines on your gtasa shortcut to set a -width and -height that you know your monitor DOES support
-width 1024 -height 760 for example

I really didn't understand this? Do I have to do something with the properties of GTA SA shortcut? How do I put the command?
Can anyone explain in a easy to understand / Stepwise manner?

Tried this?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/465494-ca...32-video-mode/

@SickAttack - The compatibility tab doesn't show up.

@Alex Magaсa - I've checked that topic day ago, it didn't help me..

Anyone has idea on what this says, and I quote:
It's likely your monitor doesn't support such low resolutions.
The fix should be simple enough, just use command lines on your gtasa shortcut to set a -width and -height that you know your monitor DOES support
-width 1024 -height 760 for example

Can anyone explain me how to do this stepwise? or dose anyone have an alternate solution?

Got Vice City (Steam edition) working on Windows 10 the other day by using the compatibility options that SickAttack posted above. The option that is marked, as well as the one above it set to 16 bit color mode. If I can get this to work then San Andreas should be a breeze as it's newer.

Go on the shortcut properties, and I think "-width 1024 -height 760" should go in the "start in" field right after the current line.
Now regarding the laptop, I would change it if possible. That resolution can be a real bitch on some games.

Are you sure? Maybe not? because it deals with the directory only?

Whats the right way?

I've placed the "gta_set.set" file in the attachment, download this and place this into your GTA San Andreas User Files. I had the same problem as you, this .set file has 1366x768 resolution set.

sorry, still not working, i am using gta-sa Cd though. i copied this file still doesnt work. please could you help me, i really need this game brother. PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathagata
Посмотреть сообщение
sorry, still not working, i am using gta-sa Cd though. i copied this file still doesnt work. please could you help me, i really need this game brother. PLEASE
Are you the OP, otherwise, you need to post up a new thread, detailing what you have done, and what issues you're facing.