Why is it so hard to get DDoS protection?

I don't understand, why is it so hard to find a excellent protection for SA-MP? I struggle for almost 2 years with mentally retarded kids who ddos server, and mostly find out ddosing mine due to large amount of players.

I understand that there are shitloads of stressers/booters whatever the shit u call it, but there MUST be some hosting who has PROPER protection..

i tryed every single shit, from ddosdeflect,blazingfast,even stormwall, AND DDOS GUARd, they manage to down that, i was using OVH game when it first came and it was working perfectly for 3-4 months, and now everyone is using it, of course people who are mentally retarded find out exploit in ovh protection and now downs them easily..

I even paid javapipe, x4b(some wierd errors, same as on ddos guard, when ddos attack occurs, query doesnt work however server does)..

I will personally pay member who suggest me the BEST protection for SA-MP, and i hope for suggestion similiar to some OVH Anti DDoS Game with MODIFIED DNS/NTP/CUSTOM FILTERS protection.. and of course, even if i have large ammount of players(400+), i won't be paying 400+ euros for ddos protection, as i even did that once, bough voxility, downed even easily then ovh..

Well, its mostly because cheap hosting providers use cheap dedicated servers without or with really crappy protection from DDoS - most of them uses software and table drop to "prevent" DDoS but most of them is also on 100Mb/s connection that is also fuck up when it comes from 1Gb/s bot. There are few of cheaper hosting providers with Hardware DDoS protection for example WDW Hosting

hulknap.com

They have large dedicated machines. Just give it a try. People have said that it's the best dedicated samp hosting out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
hulknap.com

They have large dedicated machines. Just give it a try. People have said that it's the best dedicated samp hosting out there.
As i see that is on spanish or something.. I dont understand anything there.. EU location is good but english language/support if possible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
View Post
As i see that is on spanish or something.. I dont understand anything there.. EU location is good but english language/support if possible..
As far as I have seen, hulknap will solve your problem. I don't use it, but yeah, I've heared about it on the forums and it is said to be the best out there due to their massive machines and good security.

But it's in Spanish, so it's up to you.

Otherwise, try zare.co.uk.

NFOServers or go with host-skool they have a great anti DDoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
View Post
host-skool bad support and bad anti ddos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen
View Post
host-skool bad support and bad anti ddos
That's right, HostSkool has the worst client support I have ever seen. Its DDoS protection isn't that good either. The whole server starts to lag and all of the sudden it restarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
View Post
I don't see anywhere game "SAMP" in their offering.

Quote:
View Post
I don't see anywhere game "SAMP" in their offering.
You get a VPS at NFOServers, Mr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
You get a VPS at NFOServers, Mr..
IS NFO excellent at ddos protection? Do you have some proof they can suffer hard attacks?

Quote:
View Post
IS NFO excellent at ddos protection? Do you have some proof they can suffer hard attacks?
Ive had nfo for just about two years, the seem to be better at the smaller floods/attacks that are normally related to game servers. Depending on the datacenter they null route your ip if the attacks is over 50Gbps or if they affect other users in the datacenter.

Other than that i have never had issues with nfo. Wouldn't hurt to give them a try, their vps's are a pretty good deal for what you get.

VPSs at zare.co.uk have 600Gbps DDoS protection.

There is no such a thing as anti-ddos. If it would exist, you wouldn't see huge companies like Sony or Microsoft allow their gaming networks go down for hours.

****** xd and i have seen some thread regarding it.

i ordered NFO server, got trial, like they got so many firewall rules, i can't even figured out which is for what xd

But from here looking, i have contacted some people who work with stressers and they aren't able to down it.

Is NFO really that excellent? and how come they filter everything, and their limit is 20 gbps?

Quote:
View Post
****** xd and i have seen some thread regarding it.
I'll have to search some more then, I have only ever seen good reviews from them but they were more for stuff like minecraft hosting, which is quite a bit different than samp.

Quote:
View Post
i ordered NFO server, got trial, like they got so many firewall rules, i can't even figured out which is for what xd

But from here looking, i have contacted some people who work with stressers and they aren't able to down it.

Is NFO really that excellent? and how come they filter everything, and their limit is 20 gbps?
The firewall rules probably wont be needed but they will help you out. Also that's great its working for you so far.

If you actually want some reliable provided by actual professionals to assure that your server wont be down - then here's your best option - www.voxility.com

Its not cheap tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
View Post
If you actually want some reliable provided by actual professionals to assure that your server wont be down - then here's your best option - www.voxility.com

Its not cheap tho.
I had them already, they just aren't for SA:MP. directly from them tested.. they also sent me graph which i posted on last page..

NFO servers have problem with null routing i guess..

Quote:
View Post
I had them already, they just aren't for SA:MP. directly from them tested.. they also sent me graph which i posted on last page..

NFO servers have problem with null routing i guess..
What do you mean they're not for SA:MP? Every big server in SA:MP runs on either a dedicated server or a virtual private server, in which you can also host your team speak/web server + DDoS protection from the provider.

Professionals don't offer hosts to "specific" games. If you wanna host something, you purchase either a VPS or a Dedicated server.

Plus Voxility's DDoS protection has proven worthy for the price several times for me [even tho its ALOT], their numbers & stats were tested as well and proved correct.

Every other company that you'll find online related to SA:MP is either run by a bunch of kids or on a cheap VPS/Dedi that they're already renting from a big company and hosting servers on it, Voxility OWNS the servers & they even sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
View Post
What do you mean they're not for SA:MP? Every big server in SA:MP runs on either a dedicated server or a virtual private server, in which you can also host your team speak/web server + DDoS protection from the provider.

Professionals don't offer hosts to "specific" games. If you wanna host something, you purchase either a VPS or a Dedicated server.

Plus Voxility's DDoS protection has proven worthy for the price several times for me [even tho its ALOT], their numbers & stats were tested as well and proved correct.

Every other company that you'll find online related to SA:MP is either run by a bunch of kids or on a cheap VPS/Dedi that they're already renting from a big company and hosting servers on it, Voxility OWNS the servers & they even sell them.
That's what i told you, i bought dedicated server and it didn't work for me. I tryed OVH game, voxility, blazingfast, zap-hosting also some voxilities(reseller) and nothing. NFO now i will test and well see..