Interest check

So I'm having thoughts about making my server either in my native language or in english. Would you people let me know if you would play on a server of this type and do you think that a lot of players would? Thanks for your input.

1. Heavy Roleplay

And I mean heavy. Not like those servers that have "heavy RP" in their title and their main illegal factions are The Russian Mafia and The Yakuza. I mean really realistic, and big punishments for non-RPing. Also, a realistic economy and prices. Good character development would be the main thing we'd need from the players. After registration, you would have to go through a test of about 15 questions about Roleplaying, and then every player would be treated as he knows all Roleplaying rules and chooses to break them if they do, so lvl 1 MG violation is equal to lvl 10 MG violation.

2. Set in California

Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas. Just for it to stand out someway or another.

3. A lot of interiors and businesses

It always bugged me how most servers don't have all that much businesses for RP purposes (e.g. caffe bars, pubs, concert halls etc.) This of course would mean making the property system completely dynamic.

4. NO donator/premium functions.

To assure that we stay RP, we wouldn't offer the option to buy your position or abillities.

4. Simple, unique script

When I say simple, I don't mean simple, but simple to use. It would be simple to get around the server and use it. And when I say unique, I mean thinking out of the box and writing it from 0. Sure, it might take a few months of work but in the end it will be worth it (i sure damn hope so).

5. Minimum mapping

It gets annoying when they replace a whole building and you can't go through that location without lagging for half an hour. Yeah, I wanna be respectful to low-end PC users cause I am one.

So, what do you think? I don't think a server of this type would get much traffic, since everyone here is just looking for a RPG or a stunt server, and SA-MP players vary from 2 to 12 years of age. So, what do you think?

Well that depends on your target audience and prefs. Each choice has its own advantages.

Native: Easier to moderate for you and your staff, better communication with your players.
English: Not so easy to handle but it gives you a wider audience and that can mean access to certain resources.
Who knows what people may present interest in your work.

Bro..... || https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=464477 ||

Quote:

So I'm having thoughts about making my server either in my native language or in english. Would you people let me know if you would play on a server of this type and do you think that a lot of players would? Thanks for your input.

I wouldnt play on a server which has a language that I dont understand,
if you used english and another language it would be good.

If your language is russian you will get a lot of russians, if your language is english you will get a lot of playas from all over the world.

Quote:

1. Heavy Roleplay

And I mean heavy. Not like those servers that have "heavy RP" in their title and their main illegal factions are The Russian Mafia and The Yakuza. I mean really realistic, and big punishments for non-RPing. Also, a realistic economy and prices. Good character development would be the main thing we'd need from the players. After registration, you would have to go through a test of about 15 questions about Roleplaying, and then every player would be treated as he knows all Roleplaying rules and chooses to break them if they do, so lvl 1 MG violation is equal to lvl 10 MG violation.

I dislike samp roleplay, you wont be getting many players from dm/cnr/racing/freeroam servers especially with it being a heavy rp server(especially with the had quiz),
rules chain the player, the less you have the better.

Quote:

3. A lot of interiors and businesses

It always bugged me how most servers don't have all that much businesses for RP purposes (e.g. caffe bars, pubs, concert halls etc.) This of course would mean making the property system completely dynamic.

Ye more interior action would be great, put them to some use.

Quote:

4. NO donator/premium functions.

To assure that we stay RP, we wouldn't offer the option to buy your position or abillities.

Thats really great, donator features on most servers are usually very unfair towards other players that didnt donate,
but if you are tight on cash you should rethink your decision.

Quote:

When I say simple, I don't mean simple, but simple to use. It would be simple to get around the server and use it. And when I say unique, I mean thinking out of the box and writing it from 0. Sure, it might take a few months of work but in the end it will be worth it .

Roleplay is usually hard to understand so its good that you will simplify it.

Quote:

(i sure damn hope so)

How much players do you intend to have on your server (on the average)?
Well whatever you are doing make sure your server has features that other RP servers dont,
thats the only way you are going to get the rp players in your server.

[/QUOTE]5. Minimum mapping

It gets annoying when they replace a whole building and you can't go through that location without lagging for half an hour. Yeah, I wanna be respectful to low-end PC users cause I am one.[/QUOTE]

lol

Quote:

So, what do you think? I don't think a server of this type would get much traffic, since everyone here is just looking for a RPG or a stunt server, and SA-MP players vary from 2 to 12 years of age. So, what do you think?

It wouldnt get much traffic unless you make it more special and advertise it to people that like this kind of gamemode,
most other gamemodes are not as strict as rp so you wont be getting any DMers,racers,stunters etc.

Quote:

(i sure damn hope so) I don't think a server of this type would get much traffic, since everyone here is just looking for a RPG or a stunt server

Then why not do an rpg or stunt server? If everyone likes those kinds of servers you should be able to get a lot of players right?
Besides many servers that have stunt in them are not really stunning regarding stunts. (they are not very hard to do)
RPG servers can also improve with actually implementing roleplay features. (you could for example make a story within the server, make quests, make an item/inventory system, experience and levels etc)