Coding in our Language

So, I was thinking lately, why most of the coders try to code in their language? What I mean? Setting new variable as an example:

pawn Код:
new keimeno[144], Float:zwh; //it's greek anyway
//instead of
new text[144], Float:health;
What's the point of it? Why try to code in your language instead of using just English? (because it's the international language obviously) I don't see any difference when coding in English and I am pretty sure that it's easier to share my coder later, or even get help by others.

I would like to hear you opinions about this, have a nice day!

Isn't it obvious? Because they don't know English to a full-extent or because they like to use their native language, instead of being forced to write in a language they clearly have not mastered yet.

Regards.

The real problem is, coding is based on English anyway. (If, Else, Switch etc.) And still, you are using just simple words (text, health, weapon etc.)

How difficult is to master this kind of words in the end? I'm not a master at English too (and it's obvious) but I can still do it without any problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Rafaellos[
Посмотреть сообщение
The real problem is, coding is based on English anyway. (If, Else, Switch etc.) And still, you are using just simple words (text, health, weapon etc.)

How difficult is to master this kind of words in the end? I'm not a master at English too (and it's obvious) but I can still do it without any problem.
Try to put yourself in their shoes. Let's say that your native language is English, and all the declarations and naming's are in Portuguese. And that you don't know a single thing in Portuguese. I'm pretty sure you'll name things in English, and people that speak Portuguese would ask you the same question.

And for the record, it's possible to convert everything in another language, in where instead of using English + ANOTHER LANGUAGE, you'll only be using the "other language".

I opened a discussion on this very topic a whole while back. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=424123

In my country, most people who learn English and school, end up giving up the Romanian language when it comes to IT in general. Most of them even find Windows in Romanian to look retarded.
As for the rest, they won't learn English, because they don't see the beauty of it, so they will only try to do their school homework and that's it. In other words, in Romania it's not because it's hard, it's because of a narrow mind.

I'm pretty sure you'll see this in other countries as well, not only here.
In some countries, they don't teach it, in others they simply refuse to turn to English, regardless of the advantages at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't it obvious? Because they don't know English to a full-extent or because they like to use their native language, instead of being forced to write in a language they clearly have not mastered yet.

Regards.
Close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Try to put yourself in their shoes. Let's say that your native language is English, and all the declarations and naming's are in Portuguese. And that you don't know a single thing in Portuguese. I'm pretty sure you'll name things in English, and people that speak Portuguese would ask you the same question.

And for the record, it's possible to convert everything in another language, in where instead of using English + ANOTHER LANGUAGE, you'll only be using the "other language".
But, as HeLiOn_PrImE said, in schools now they teach English. In my country the 50% of people PAY to learn English (private lessons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Rafaellos[
Посмотреть сообщение
But, as HeLiOn_PrImE said, in schools now they teach English. In my country the 50% of people PAY to learn English (private lessons).
That doesn't mean that each and every person on earth knows or should know English, does it?

Just let them be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I opened a discussion on this very topic a whole while back. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=424123
OP even participated in that topic.