DM Minigames ?

Hi Guys,

Nowadays I have been working on a DM minigame with the weapon Minigun. I have created the mapping but I am having problems while creating /leave command and also disabling commands in DM e.t.c. Can anybody help me with my problems ?

Regards,
Compiler.

Hello there,

Yeah it's quite simple. Whenever you make a player enter the DM Minigame, just assign a value to the player, e.g

- On top of your script:

Define a global variable (like, Minigun, etc) for each player, such as

Quote:

new Minigun[MAX_PLAYERS];

Reason: This will declare a global variable, which can be used for each player id.

- Setting value to 0 in OnPlayerConnect:

Quote:

Minigun[playerid] = 0;

- Using it in the script:

When you are teleporting a player to the DM Minigame: (means, when you are using the SetPlayerPos function to teleport a player)

Quote:

Minigun[playerid] = 1;

When you are teleporting back a player from the DM Minigame: (means do this in your /leave command)

Quote:

Minigun[playerid] = 0;

- How to prevent the players from using cmds in the DM Minigame

This can be done by two methods:

1. If you're using OnPlayerCommandText, then just simply do this:

Quote:

public OnPlayerCommandText(playerid, cmdtext[])
{
if(Minigun[playerid] == 1) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "You can't use commands in DM Minigame!");
// your commands here
return 0;
}

2. If you're using the ZCMD include then, you can use it's default (ZCMD) call back known as

Quote:

OnPlayerCommandReceived(playerid, cmdtext[])

>> Ask if you need info about the second method.

- Note: I've used the global variable, as it is much a lot easier than using the function " SetPVarInt ". But if you want to use that instead, I can guide you in that too.

"Sorry about my bad English n if you find this good, don't forget to give me +1. Also, this is my first time, guiding someone!"

Regards, - Noob Programmer Akbaig. (Started programming one year ago)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbaig
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello there,

Yeah it's quite simple. Whenever you make a player enter the DM Minigame, just assign a value to the player, e.g

- On top of your script:

Define a global variable (like, Minigun, etc) for each player, such as

Reason: This will declare a global variable, which can be used for each player id.

- Setting value to 0 in OnPlayerConnect:

- Using it in the script:

When you are teleporting a player to the DM Minigame: (means, when you are using the SetPlayerPos function to teleport a player)

When you are teleporting back a player from the DM Minigame: (means do this in your /leave command)

- How to prevent the players from using cmds in the DM Minigame

This can be done by two methods:

1. If you're using OnPlayerCommandText, then just simply do this:

2. If you're using the ZCMD include then, you can use it's default (ZCMD) call back known as

>> Ask if you need info about the second method.

- Note: I've used the global variable, as it is much a lot easier than using the function " SetPVarInt ". But if you want to use that instead, I can guide you in that too.

"Sorry about my bad English n if you find this good, don't forget to give me +1. Also, this is my first time, guiding someone!"

Regards, - Noob Programmer Akbaig. (Started programming one year ago)
What's up in zcmd?
He could have simply done in zcmd as

Код:
CMD:any(playerid, params[])
{
    if(Minigun[playerid] == 1)
     return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "yo in dm event cunt, /leave to use these shit");
   // command continues
 return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compiler
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
Посмотреть сообщение
What's up in zcmd?
He could have simply done in zcmd as

Код:
CMD:any(playerid, params[])
{
    if(Minigun[playerid] == 1)
     return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "yo in dm event cunt, /leave to use these shit");
   // command continues
 return 1;
}
It's better to use the ZCMD call back, or otherwise, you will have to put that in every single command!

+1 rep, if you think I've helped, n explained what was needed.

Guys What is the zcmd formula?

Formula?

The way to disable commands in DMs or Races using zcmd.

Put this under your script with other call backs:

Quote:

public OnPlayerCommandReceived(playerid, cmdtext[])
{
if(Minigun[playerid] == 1) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "You can't use commands in DM Minigame!");
return 1;
}