Host my server on my own host linux?

1024MB Memory

50GB SSD Space

4 Core Processor

Unmetered Network

1 IP Address

What you think?

How many slots, and what would be the ping .. i'm scared that maybe the ping is gonna be high..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metharon
View Post
1024MB Memory

50GB SSD Space

4 Core Processor

Unmetered Network

1 IP Address

What you think?

How many slots, and what would be the ping .. i'm scared that maybe the ping is gonna be high..
Ping depend on the server to client or client to server distance and client net speed.

you can take any slots as you want for. There no limit for storage.

To find out how many ping from your server to any country you can check it out here https://asm.ca.com/en/ping.php

Depends where the VPS is located. I'd suggest you to take in any European countries as most of the players get good ping from there, Example: Germany, France or even Colombia etc.

You can have any amount of slots. And looking at the specs, Your server can handle atleast 200 players with no lag if it runs only the samp server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UE]Milan
View Post
Depends where the VPS is located. I'd suggest you to take in any European countries as most of the players get good ping from there, Example: Germany, France, Colombia etc.

You can have any amount of slots. And looking at the specs, Your server can handle atleast 200 players with no lag if it runs only the samp server.
Colombia...Yep according to USA that is central Europe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
View Post
Colombia...Yep according to USA that is central Europe...
I chuckled, what makes you think that dude is from the USA?
Like seriously, what assumption was that based on?

Nvm, thought you quoted SoFahim, everyone just keeps giving the same answer.

Short Answer: Yes you can host a SAMP server on the specs that you listed.

Long Answer: The amount of slots you can use will vary on how optimized your gamemode is, as well as if you need to install MySQL on that box for your gamemode.