Screen freezing after 5 minutes

When I run SAMP, after 5 minutes, gta freezes my screen and I can do nothing (either ALT+TAB, Start - either ALT+F4, CTRL+ALT+F4).

My computer characteristics:
Operative system: Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel Core i7-4500U CPU 1.80GHz 2.40GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System type: 64 bit (64x)
Producer:: Acer
My graphics card: AMD Radeon Graphics HD 8670

I cleaned my computer fan, I deleted the .set and .data files, I set the same resolution of the computer for GTA, I set (on properties the last available version - Windows 8 compatibility - and 8 bit colour version).
Do you have an AMD graphics card o a nvidia video card? I thought the problem could be the graphics card because when the game starts, you can see, downward, a nvidia icon.
How do I solve this problem?

Quote:

Windows 10

Here is your problem.

But seriously; i suppose you don't have any mods?
Reinstall your graphics cars drivers or the whole GTA. Or both.

I installed my driver upgrades three times from AMD official site and by Windows Update too, and I have no mods.

My game freezes alot aswell, im using nvidia GTX 760 on Windows 10 pro.
It used to work fine with XP and Windows 7, downgrade is not an option since its only samp that has this problem.

Use Windows 8.1 . I use 8.1 and works perfect. Windows 10 makes problems, not just with graphic. In time will make with more other things.

I wouldn't like to return to Windows 8.1 (I think Windows 10 is better). The freezing problem about GTA is certainly Windows 10. I think it's too advanced to support an old game (what do you think?). Are there no ways to play on Windows 10?

How can an OS that freezes older games be better?

In my opinion, an Operating System should support software, not the other way around (software nowadays must be created to run on the target OS like Win10).
The OS should function as a bridge between your software package and the hardware and make it run stable and with the least amount of effort.
With all these compatibility settings and such, it has become a pain to get something properly installed.
I remember GTA 4 which just failed to run on my system.
After searching, it appeared that half the globe had to use different compatibility settings to get that game to run.
The OS should just run it and auto-detect the compatibility for it to run or whatever. Just run it. Not let us re-install the same game 10 times to get it to run at least once.

Microsoft is apparently doing everything they can to kill old stuff because every new OS they launch kills more and more older software packages.

I had a few nice packages too (CuteFTP and Eudora) to upload files to my website and to read my email and it ran perfectly fine on every OS up to windows Vista.
From windows 7 onwards, both packages just fail to run. I had to use other packages.

Stay away from Win10 as it has alot of problems AFAIK.
You see complaints popping up everywhere about Win10.

Why do they release it for free? Because it's a fail release.

I'm sticking to Win7 and I won't upgrade, even if they pay me to do it.

Downgrade on Windows 8

Joking aside..
Reinstall GTA or install on another hard-disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SA
Посмотреть сообщение
Downgrade on Windows 8

Joking aside..
Reinstall GTA or install on another hard-disk.
I tried to reinstall GTA and SAMP, but it doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco1
Посмотреть сообщение
I tried to reinstall GTA and SAMP, but it doesn't work
Attempt install GTA on a defferent hard-disk.

The problem is certainly windows 10. Now I wait for a samp client scripter's answer.

Help, please

Can anyone answer to try to solve this problem? Any ideas?

Why u didt downgrade ur pc to window 7? Or 8.1
window 10 not support for gta samp,it only support for highest game like GTA V .
I use window 8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegy
Посмотреть сообщение
Why u didt downgrade ur pc to window 7? Or 8.1
window 10 not support for gta samp,it only support for highest game like GTA V .
I use window 8.1
I've been using Windows 10 since Techincal Preview (~ october 2014) and I've encountered only 1 problem so far: I cannot minimize the game after the first 5 mins of gameplay (ALT+Tab, Win Key etc will make my screen black) so I have to press ALT+Enter to get into windowed mode and then press ALT+Tab.

Go to
ingame,then click option.
There have video setting.
So go setting,or

click Auto at ur monitor

I think the only solution is to downgrade to Windows 8.1 or 7 like you said. Initally I had no problems with GTA and SAMP, then there was an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10.1 (something so) and it hasn't worked anymore.
Windows 10 is too advanced for an old game like GTA and SAMP.
Admins, put this thread on the top so that users that have Windows 10 or plus can understand why their GTA doesn't work so well with this operative system.

Got the same problem, need help!

As i said in previous reply.
Downgrade ur window to 7 or 8.1 coz window 10.1 wont work for samp and gta sa,or called low game

Meh, I have bad news guys. I have same problem on Win7. Last time I was playing on the same PC SA-MP 0.3z and everything was ok. Now I have new SA-MP and it's freezing my PC. It's not about any mods (tested). I don't know how single player works (I'll test it later). My game and PC freeze in different situations:
- after loading screen (less than 1 minute)
- after first spawn
- after any teleport
- after a few time (5-30 minutes)
- after Alt+Tab
- after open game menu (Esc)
- after exit game menu (Esc)
- sometimes after enter Las Venturas Airport nearby area (not always)
I have those freeze on all servers. No crash, no warnings, just freeze PC. Like I said I was playing SA-MP 0.3z before on same PC without any problems. Game is after full reinstall. First try with new SA-MP and I have this.

My PC:
Windows 7 SP1
GeForce GT610 2GB
Intel i3 2x3.20@Ghz
8GB RAM

I have only problem with SA-MP. Any other game is working (I'm not sure about GTA:SA SP). Hope someone will have any idea how fix it.

P.S.
Sorry if I make a mistake somewhere.