A new SA-MP hosting service

Hello.

I've been researching for a few days on the subject of creating my own hosting service to sell fully managed SA-MP based servers to the public. At the moment I'm not sure if there's any need for it in SA-MP's current state. I'll be willing to create a host which offers SA-MP servers and possibly more in the future if there's any request for it.

I understand starting something like this can be very time-consuming and can end in trouble and failure, but I'm willing to take the risk. Investing isn't a problem for me at all nor is money. So to end this in a short topic like I wanted to: is there any request or need for a SA-MP server host? I would really like to hear opinions from different perspectives if this is a good idea or not.

Thanks.

I didn't get your concept:
Quote:

creating my own hosting service to sell fully managed SA-MP based servers to the public.

Right and what is the purpose of this when there are server packages provided and can be downloaded from official resources pages?

Mate elaborate it more maybe? I didn't get it, maybe i am just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearSeal
View Post
I didn't get your concept:

Right and what is the purpose of this when there are server packages provided and can be downloaded from official resources pages?

Mate elaborate it more maybe? I didn't get it, maybe i am just stupid.
As you might have read, I'm talking about a hosting service.
Quote:
Hosting services
A service provider that offers shared hosting or dedicated hosting of a service or services to customers. Hosting services are most often used for hosting Web sites but can also be used for hosting files, images, games and similar content.

Which means that in this case the server would be hosted on a dedicated server (24/7) with a monthly payment. I doubt that most people are running their server at home with very high electricity bills.

SA-MP is losing from time to time its own interest. You will not have the same customer base you could have 4 years ago when SA-MP was at top level. Unfortunately, my opinion is that you are too late for creating a new SA-MP host nowadays. Good luck with your project, i hope it goes well.

Good luck have fun.

It turned out of me being stupid, anyways i would say that there is no potential for this, the game is outdated and if being quiet open with you, there is a gloomy future for the whole concept. Also you have to consider that there are enough hosting services already, it does not have to be direct SA-MP server based hosting, any server hosting is suitable with open ports and having the server itself installed on it. There will be lots of complains if some crap like internet or your broadband goes down, you need fully stable internet connection for it, reasonable prices, in fact even if money is not a problem, i don't see any potential for even operating costs cover. Unless you want to do it for no reason, or the reason is simply to enjoy entertainment and game itself.

There's plenty of hosts. It's just as to whether you feel you can offer a USP that people are willing to go for.

People (from what I've seen) usually just go with VPS/Dedicated Servers and host on their own (which is cheaper in the long run, dedicated IP, as many player slots as they want). It doesn't take a genius to start a server using Windows Server, or Linux.

The post above me sums it up. But if you want to, start a service concerning VPS or dedicated servers. And only do it if you think you can best the current prices offered by industry leaders like OVH
If you can't, then your business is sure to fail, so don't even think about it. (PS- they have some really good prices)

It's not easy to start off a hosting company or a hosting service that you speak of, you need to have enough money and people.