ExtremeStudio - Early Preview And Suggestions Thread.

Hello all,

I've started a project of mine which I called ExtremeStudio, A new revamped version of ExtremePawn.
The project is still in its early stages but all the hard stuff been done like the parsers.
So, I wanted to go ahead give the community a sneak peak on the program, and at the same time, have a chit-chat with the scripters about what they'd love to see.

Image:
http://i.imgur.com/OJYx9aV.png (Huge)

The current features:
  • A powerful amazing parser.
    The parser can replace defines and macros, As you can see in the SS with zcmd and also parses all child includes.
    And has a PAWNDoc parser that can detect docs and attach them to their functions. (Shown in tooltips in AC and Object Explorer)

And it doesn't parse whole file on each edit, But it has custom algorthims to only parse modified parts and edit internal lists.
    Intial parse of an 80k script takes an average of 5 seconds and then all runtime parses take less then a second and aren't even notice-able.

• Object Explorer.
    Shows all of the defines stuff in the script and includes, hovering over items shows a tool-tip that has info like its pars and return type and if there is a PAWNDoc associated with that function, Its shown instead.
    And ofcourse features like, Search and Goto by double-clicking.

• Project Explorer
    Just like a folder browser inside the program, Where you can create files and folder by right clicking.
  • Download popular includes and plugins with a click.
    This is one of the coolest features, You can browse a list of includes and plugins through the program and install them with a click, Ofcourse all the files are hosted in a GitHub repo.
    (I'll try my best to add as much as possible but the problem is permissions, I can't just go ahead and add without taking their permissions to rehost the files.)

• Cool Customizable Syntax Highlighting.
  • Professional UI.
  • AutoComplete.
And more to be added, I'm planning for LOADS of features including a MySQL/SQLite manager, a FTP manager and going to declaration by holding CTRL and clicking on a function.

And looking forward to see your opinions and get some more suggestions

Before I end this thread, I'd like to just give a huge shout-out to Crayder, he is helping me a lot in the project since the start in various stuff like testing and giving ideas, He made me the logo too so <3

Thanks in advance for contributing

Download
You may download an early preview of the program from here: http://*******/ESDownload
The program has an auto-updater and will update once there is a new version.

However, The program is still in its VERY early stages and using it for production isn't recommended.

Welp, i wana conquer the first reply!
ill edit my post once i check it all out

Well, looks like really good project.

I cant open images, shows that the link is down ;/

Ill think of some features i'd like and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
Посмотреть сообщение
Welp, i wana conquer the first reply!
ill edit my post once i check it all out

Well, looks like really good project.

I cant open images, shows that the link is down ;/

Ill think of some features i'd like and let you know.
Does the image show below ?
E: (Thread been updated with working image)

If not, Tell me and I'll upload it somewhere else.

Yes i see the image below, good job mate. will give it a shot, (i use Extremepawn as my ide :P).

Well, in the extremepawn dialog creator. color embedding isnt available.
Make sure its there in this one :P
i need to use independent version 2 of your extreme dialog creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes i see the image below, good job mate. will give it a shot, (i use Extremepawn as my ide :P).

Well, in the extremepawn dialog creator. color embedding isnt available.
Make sure its there in this one :P
i need to use independent version 2 of your extreme dialog creator.
Umm, well, ok, I will update ExtremePAWN tonight to fix all beeping bugs and fix the dialog creator

Picture not available in the main post NOR in your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikY_
Посмотреть сообщение
Picture not available in the main post NOR in your reply
Here, I've reuploaded it: http://i.imgur.com/OJYx9aV.png
Also, updated main thread.

Good efforts, keep up the good work! REP+

You're doing good. This from being better than sublime text is very far, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
You're doing good. This from being better than sublime text is very far, though.
How can it reach sublime then ?
The whole point of the thread is to have suggestions from the community on how to improve it to actually be very good that it can replace sublime or notepad++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad45123
Посмотреть сообщение
How can it reach sublime then ?
The whole point of the thread is to have suggestions from the community on how to improve it to actually be very good that it can replace sublime or notepad++.
In all honesty, I doubt that is going to happen, buddy.

Things sublime text has:
  • Different syntaxs
  • Full screen mode
  • Themes/color schemes
  • New snippet feature
  • New plugin feature
  • Macros
  • Multi build system support
  • Hotkeys
  • Search features: wrap, highlight matches, in selection, whole wrap, case sensitive, regular expressions
  • Add-ons
  • Distraction free mode
  • Minimap
  • Ruler
  • Indentation options
  • Sort lines
  • Incremental find
  • Workspaces
  • Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.
One of my favorite features is the multi-select ability with the mouse's wheel.

No distraction mode:

Others:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
In all honesty, I doubt that is going to happen, buddy.

Things sublime text has:
  • Different syntaxs
  • Full screen mode
  • Themes/color schemes
  • New snippet feature
  • New plugin feature
  • Macros
  • Multi build system support
  • Hotkeys
  • Search features: wrap, highlight matches, in selection, whole wrap, case sensitive, regular expressions
  • Add-ons
  • Distraction free mode
  • Minimap
  • Ruler
  • Indentation options
  • Sort lines
  • Incremental find
  • Workspaces
  • Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.
One of my favorite features is the multi-select ability with the mouse's wheel.

No distraction mode:
Images Removed

Others:
Images Removed
About the rectangular selection, Its already planned
And about the fullscreen, Can be easily added, Sure.

I am not going to quote each and every line you said, But just gonna say, Thanks for your time and I'll try my best to implement all of the features you've written

Also, Just wanna tell you one thing, The fact that ES has parsers and IS actually built for PAWN it self and not a general IDE, In my opinion, Makes it very great with all the pawn specific features.

@SickA: Column selection and multi-selection is already a feature that is planned. Trust me, I was thinking the same way you are right now. I think the Gitter chat has my old opinions still. NPP is still and is always going to be my go-to IDE. However, ES has quite some potential. There are still many things to be added. This is just the pre-release. Johnny is completely open for suggestions and he has already added most of mine.

@Johnny: That's one sick logo... xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
@SickA: Column selection and multi-selection is already a feature that is planned. Trust me, I was thinking the same way you are right now. I think the Gitter chat has my old opinions still. NPP is still and is always going to be my go-to IDE. However, ES has quite some potential. There are still many things to be added. This is just the pre-release. Johnny is completely open for suggestions and he has already added most of mine.
Thanks, And I'll always be open for suggestions for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
@Johnny: That's one sick logo... xD
Thank its creator, He's an awesome man!

Hello all!

I've decided to release the program as an early build to give people a chance to taste it out.
You might download it from here: http://*******/ESDownload
Just press the small button called "Install".

The program is setup with an auto-updater, So it will update it self whenever there is a new version out.

Please note that the program is still in its early stages and isn't ready for production use.

----------------------------------
Also, Crayder has been very kind that he actually created 2 awesome logos for ExtremeStudio.
Both has the same idea but with different designs, I'm honstly having problems in choosing between them so wanted to ask your opinions haha, Choose the best.

First:

Second:

Aweo, Nice rule break.
Quote:

Don't Advertise - A link to a site related to the topic is fine, spamming your home page is not. This includes advertising your servers and services. However, you are allowed to put advertisements in your signature or server advertisements. A rule of thumb is that "Here is something interesting others might like." links are allowed, "Please click this to benefit me personally." links are not (moderator's discretion is final). Note that "links that benefit you" includes pay-per-click links and advert click-throughs (adf.ly etc), use direct links instead.
Why you use ******* then You rule break it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFahim
Посмотреть сообщение
Aweo, Nice rule break.

You clearly do not realize that ******* is just a URL shortner. It's not beneficial and the link provided is not ad supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFahim
Посмотреть сообщение
Aweo, Nice rule break.

As Crayder said,

The download link is a direct one, so it's just to be able to track number of downloads, there is no any ads at all.

Nice work. I'd like to see a list with all Weapon IDs, Skins, Vehicles and Map Icons + Pictures of them.
Better than going everytime to SAMP Wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe.77
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice work. I'd like to see a list with all Weapon IDs, Skins, Vehicles and Map Icons + Pictures of them.
Better than going everytime to SAMP Wiki.
Already planned, also there will be an auto-complete that will show for natives like CreateVehicle and AddPlayerClass that will have an image preview, so you will be able to select id's without exiting from code at all.