SA-MP: Growing problem of radicalism & extremism

SA-MP: Growing problem of radicalism & extremism

In respect to SA-MP Development Team

Who i am and why i am informing you of such tickling matter?

Pleasant day to all, shall i say to the entire SA-MP Community? Allow me to get with introduction at first glance before continue with moaning and roaring, my name is Benjamin and i am a long due GTA fan, since it ever came out, i wish to take your through some of the consistency at this exact point, of radicalization spread globally, lose of interest with playing and developing any kind of modifications for the servers, never the less, for entire time since 2009, i was playing through out different servers, enjoying entertainment element they had been supplying me, few fellow friends, the rest of the youngsters, yet it came to my attention that the recent, or shall i say progressive development of so called 'propaganda' agenda of ideological hatred, racism.. of course it happens everywhere literally all over the internet, in other games and chats.. although amounts that take place over SA-MP servers specifically are immense and couldn't avoid being noticed. Honky donkey, slowly and effectively progressing through out the years. Since 2012 i had enjoyed playing on free roam servers with high potential of statistical count, social groups and even went from a normal player to administrator for my strong will of control and keeping the entire servers admin team in sharp edgy hands. Lost my interest after all for seeing a strong radicalization of ISIS equal views and was even demoted for criticizing it in a way of having spread of propaganda intolerable. The following report is based overall on the gaming changes, jeopardizing entire SA-MP Community and bringing attention of law enforcement + i highly doubt take-two interactive and rockstar games would appreciate their products being used as ISIS main propaganda tool.

Use of SA-MP Platforms for radical recruitment

Recently, the ones that sees full potential in increasing their recruiters quantity, had been using gaming platforms to spread their ideologies, knowing for a fact that there is nothing more better than having an open source to practice strategies and get youngsters into that mastermind evil. Like having circumcised cucumber, full of natural vitamins to be used on your dinner plate and consumed, the same occurs with religious groups over 70 % of the servers, at least the ones with no administrative responsibilities, deliberate spread of hate, racism, religious conflicts and of course propaganda for ideologies that either suit the server marketing strategy or is based on actual fact of recruiting youngsters into radicalizm. Before pre judging and claiming that ''It's no way different than other games which radical groups can use to spread their ideologies and propaganda, all your statements are invalid and idiotic'' i suggest to read it all at first if possible, with respect to all of you, what ever nation, race or religion you are, because terrorism and radicalism does not have religion, it has quanitities and scale at a point of it becoming a chaos than simple poetry. If i do state a religion in this thread, it will be implied only towards the idea of using religion to spread own idea that does not comes with the terms of that religion but is a hoax and lies to get youngsters to join it.

*SA-MP as an Open Source

Few are nescient when it comes to actually understanding what SA-MP is, advantages it has in overreign for MTA, despite having limits with source and script development, there are plenteous precidents when it overruled MTA as giving freedom element, synchronization over freeroam modifications and team death matches, providing common feeling of an open platform than limited by movements. Temerarious and ease in monitoring, just gives a blush off on idea '' i cant care less, not my problem '' with having programme taking care off some things that could jeopardize it from existence itself.Open source formula, unlike other games with such popularity, freedom element, is attractive enough for those whos crimes cannot be forgiven, whos ideologies cannot live in our modern society, directly claiming that to be the radical groups, which religions cannot justify and neither can anybody with moral understanding and compassion to other human species. I shall shorten this all to one specific so called ISIL also known as Islamic State group, awareness symptoms occurs right after mentioning it in the news, locally or at job place, where ever, their intentions are obvious, spread of chaos and recruit more and more soldiers, youngsters, who ever to gain population and continue to spread chaos and terror, recently they were finding new methods to get youngsters, specifically muslims into their ideas, gaming is one working method to do it. Having a therapist and lecturing the manual guide on 'How to recruit using gaming', what ever, that is not the case. What is important however, with all of that literature, SA-MP operates openly, is encrypted, texts are not monitored, data is sent back only with technical support implication when it comes to crashes, the rest relies on who ever owns an open source server, infact all responsibility lays on the server owners than SA-MP developers. Since it's not monitored, does not belong to one host, and is less notable by the authorities, old by it's release game, it gets into one of those categories where games such as CS 1.6 , Earthquake, HL , Unreal T stands in, yet still popular amongst youngsters that are looking exactly at the idea of freeroams and role plays. From the following graphical chart, i would like to show you the amounts and players international statistics gathered from other resources, i will provide it further below with facts and figures, displaying transparency over amouny of third world players in comparison to the players from United States and Europe, South America and Australia. Witness the facts, nothing has or will change it. Obvious, by any standards, getting young muslims into one ideology is beneficial to those in radical groups, hunting down fresh recruits through gaming platforms. Let's get back to administrative issues.

* Attractive to third world players

* Methods

Ironically, server administrators waste zero effort to prevent it, or simply flying in these clear sky clouds, taking no effort to analyse it or even bother as assuming it's perfectly normal to spread propaganda, a lot of us were in that position and did nothing since it's a game and as in many other games the same happens all the time, somebody attempts to use its potential for recruitment purposes or simply trolling, the problem with SA-MP, it's a free world to be used especially in freeroams, to attract, spread the violence in a way of communications, rather than simply playing, building in-game groups and community platforms to spread own ideologies, by most of the methods, you would get somebody approaching you in game and offer you to join their group or clan or what ever organization, prologue to this comes with questions such as 1. Are you a muslim? 2. You respect Allah? 3. You want to join the group. Now let's just get right through these questions, must warn you it's nothing to do with racism and nothing to do with implication to racism, we are all tolerable to such questions and they aren't disrespecting anybody , even opposite, get the muslim community together, the only difference is for which reason and purpose itself in free roam servers. They illude, convert and encourage them to take part in remembering literate parts of so called progressive quran ( based on shariah laws and changed to spread radicalism ). In a single day, to study from one to three words from it or sentence, encouraging through gaming, killing and having laugh moments, gaming is perfect to delude who ever into enjoying it, and study through it, i always said that and won't change my mind. Remember, radicals do not represent official religion, just a rebellious part of it like in any where, the redneck protestant republicans here in the US, they aren't spreading it in comparison, it's not a religion but way of life here. Back to the subject, got pushed out a little bit.. On some freeroam servers, you get an option to upgrade your in-game accounts to privilege ones, with extra functions to get yourself feeling as somebody totally superior, whilst others are nobody, great!! i like that idea a lot, when it contributes to high ranked seniors and developer, giving that loaf of finest bakery to feed off owner and allowing him or her to sustain on carbs, yet.. if a radical fellow muslim encourages one of those 'privileged' members to join their group, that would give them ability to advertise and continue to recruit strictly muslims by the concept i just showed you above, does that reduced any numbers of radicalism or prevents it from happening? could you or admins prevent it from happening despite having over 80 of them on the servers being from third world countries and actually feeling compassion to the whole concept or simply ignoring it as thinking ''it's everywhere, all over the place, i won't bother, they can continue''? The answer is no, of course it wouldn't prevent it, only contribute to it, which happens a lot in recent years over largely populated servers, with freeroam element. This happens way less in smaller scaled ones, sinc they are more or less monitored, lesser players playing on it, server owners with so called ''common sense' that aren't sucking money off children by implying that idea of having hatred, racism on it just to make them compete for higher status or pay for admin panels... Do way more to prevent it, understanding perfectly, it's not the way it should be and it won't jeopardize the whole SA-MP community, just because couple of large servers do it, does it means others will? Doubtful, you need to have no morality,or no common sense but be a complete idiot to do it for sake of own comfort and enjoying buying these Xboxes and PS4's..

From the research, if GTA V is affected and does all it can to prevent it by now, what stops them from using an Open Source GTA SA MP from recruiting, since it's encrypted and not officially monitored?
Here is an article from the british daily mail Click Here
Another article, just backs up the idea of using Open Source Click Here

- Potential freeroams as recruitment platforms for ISIS?

* Aspects of recruitment

From perspective of terrorism, having young muslims joining in the so called 'fun' through gaming , blandly assuming all will join in because of so called 'brotherhood idea' , this is what they are aiming at, at least it's obvious at level of which they operate and how smart their approach is.

= Young individuals from third world backgrounds are wasting time on violent games to cover from daily life issues, poverty and bullying in schools or society
= Religious principle of the so called 'brotherhood' allows them to gather youngsters into one small community, then spread and interest them in their ideology through out whole gaming processes, role playing, shooting, death matching and pointing out enemies and allies.
= Slow pace spread of ideology, graphical packages and encouragement to go further with being added to social media groups, TS conversations and more, of course it all depends on which social system these radical groups are using.
= Propaganda through media content, showing off the luxurious aspects of obtaining guns, vehicles, showing off how great it is to be a part of ISIL or what ever group that has equal standards.
=Money and financing, this is where it strikes the most, due to poverty, a lot cannot afford having iphones, laptops and so on, after all luxurious ''brainwash'', kids are being placed on that needle, where they want to obtain it all in real life at least, who wouldn't want to show off with nickeys and posh looking ipad tablet, golden chains? They saw it all, they want it all. And that applies to all possible poor state countries, not just middle east or asia, eastern Europe and even South America.

Ultra nationalists, spread less, affect more, although these are rare cases, they are still out there, and continue to spread more or less religious hatred towards other religious confessions, minorities. The difference is, they aren't keen on methods that are used by the so called ISIL, rather make up communications during the processes and taking any gaming platform more lightly.

There are plenty of examples i personally can provide you with, no harsh judgments, i will go with one or two particular examples where no rules are applied, terrorism is a fundamental part of in game community and the servers owners don't seem to be bothered with jeopardy of whole SA-MP Community.. Sounds hilarious does it not? Seems like it, yet it is not, and as i already given some examples from news article sites... the problem grows like a cancer.. Unless it's in interest of these server owners, we will review freeroams specifically, with high quantity of different religions, backgrounds and ideas.

*Example

Once more, before prejudging, this is not an advertisement, neither implication to visit the server or play on it, nore dark marketing. I had chosen it as a primary example to show at which level the whole radicalization can reach in one freeroam platform, how can it affect the whole community . To prevent any breaking of forum rules, although this report is justified by preventing terrorism and radicalization, i will use phrases instead of actual names for the servers or a server.

* Radicalization in game

It's still quiet a popular one among cheaters and radicals, giving players idea that it's acceptable. Putting youngsters and children in danger with allowing radicalism in the first place, it's a violent game fine that's what parenting is for, and this is the exact reason why GTA Online does more to monitor it, record chats, make sure that nothing as this happens, after the violent propaganda spread by ISIS. Below, i would like to show the following: Administrators are allowing terrorism, chats are constantly spammed with calls to participate in isis alike events, as mentioned, examples of radicalism. Premium members use commands to advertise radical extremism as well as credits they had purchased.

Processing Evidence
Processing Evidence 2
Processing Evidence 3
Processing Evidence 4

Below: Administrator allows to keep the name 'Al Qaeda - Arabic : The Network ''

Processing Evidence 5
Processing Evidence 6
Processing Evidence 7

Below: Player speaks to another administrator, the one that is actually from one of these so called ''backgrounds'' that i had mentioned earlier.

Processing Evidence 8
Processing Evidence 9
Processing Evidence 10
Processing Evidence 11
Processing Evidence 12
Processing Evidence 13

Down here another example of the ISIL skin mods development which was spreaded and sent over to one of the 'NeT' clan group members via skype. The post was edited, otherwise there was a scare at that point of it being removed, edited in a silly way of covering the ISIL logo and text..

Processing Evidence 14

Witness yourself, administrators passion for terrorism, allowing it in the name of the server owner and developer, laugh as much as you wish, it's not a subject to laugh about, infact after all, this goes as a sufficient graphical proof to back up the reports, seems hilarious, yet it's one of the reasons whole system can just collapse.
I am taking no responsibility for posting a link to the server's forum page which has it's evidence posted in it. On your own risk: link to the topic No rules, no responsibility, deliberate open source for recruitment. + 80 & of Administrators comes from third world backgrounds and muslim countries.

****** AdSense funds for?

With all being said, it makes much less logical sense in a way of having a great freeroam platform, and no rules, passion for radical religious spread, deliberate selection of young players from 'certain' backgrounds that fit owners agenda, once again, guessing is all we can do, however it makes it more transparent, it's not in interest of the owner to run system fairly or equally balanced, if terrorism remarks, groups creation related to radical ideologists and propaganda is allowed, overall, we have a platform that allows those subjects to be taken in consideration by the authorities when it comes to investigating individual cases for terrorism. Would not wish for one or two servers that spread this, to affect the whole multi player and SA-MP Community, it's not a right thing to jeopardize it for the sake of few $ earned through ****** AdSense and high count statistics on forums and the web site. Owners need to have a common sense and morality than capitalizing and thinking of having idiots and naive imbeciles joining in and giving a credit. Common respects, fairness and polarity of all interests to be considered, should be number one priority, everybody declaring and implying own rules, if there are rules? If not, then it questions the whole system. I am pretty sure the owner of that freeroam has an account here, infact since 2008 or even further down the ladder, quiet a popular freeroam that was, at least was.. until something went downhill and scattered.

Jeopardizing SA-MP community and multi player

Report to Take Two - Interactive & Rockstar Games

Thinking carefully over and over until coming up with the final solution to make it right and fix the leak, i had decided to get in touch right with technical and customer support team, including sending a letter just for the sake of child protection and safety for the players. Surprisingly, Rockstar did take it seriously. Here is the letter [IMG]. Unfortunately it all went to that level of ludicrous when one way or another, better off with reporting it, right to the ones that made this excellent game, when others use it to spread its propaganda. As mentioned, this issue is taking seriously by the Take-Two and GTA Online team, as well as Rockstar North with product marketing units, i am sure majority thinks the same way, protecting their kids, preventing radicalism in games such as GTA, and loyal fans that would not wish Rockstar to get into some dirty extremism lawsuit case by united organisation of parenting or anti extremists, even our government.

+ Report to Take Two View Report PDF
+ View Image of Reply

* Report to monitoring agencies
- SITE: Anti Radical Islamisation SITE:Monitoring Agency
* Report to Interpol View Report PDF

When the joke becomes serious

What will happen next?

Vaticinate and await for official response from investigation agencies, since the report on that issue was accepted by the official Rockstar & Take-Two game developers, another reason why when you have the system under control from official gaming developers is indeed better than tertiary multi player platforms, your servers are in control of filtering and monitoring of what is happening, keep it safe to play, great in a way, nobody screws up company and reputation. After all it's their products we'r using and having jolly time interacting with. I will continue to use my resources on telephony and get in touch with other authorities discussing this important matter, it's not a joke and it isn't funny, it's an extend to which i take it personally and many others do, including parents of children and teenagers, including honest people and religious groups that are sickened by a bunch of barbarians with knifes and terrorist ideologies, shaming original religions and bibbles, qurans and the holly law.

Preventing such occurrences

What i am thinking about this all after all that effort?

1) Remove or Block visibility for the servers that deliberately allowing ISIS propaganda, recruitment into radical religious groups & taking no action and simply ignoring it as they server purpose of being one of those actual terrorism sympathizers - Their servers will no longer be visible anywhere in SA-MP browsers.

2) Make updated version with forbidding certain set of words and remarks - Think what ever you wish or like, it's one of those measures that needs to be implied, even if you love to swear, insult and pretend to be show off wannabe , it will prevent from implying and giving ideas of religious recruitment.. How? Filter words, sentences and couple of more things.

3) Religious content, few phrases of provoking religious hatred must be prohibited. Again with implication of filtering options on texts and the following. Perhaps do it with cloud servers monitoring, but that's extra costs on financing, which is problematic enough.

Nobody can shut down radical servers or ones with religious hatred and spread of radical views, but as mentioned, can be removed from total visibility anywhere on SAMP by IP block? What would of you had done be that the case? How would you fix that and what solutions are there?

What am i willing to do?

Free cheese only in a mousetrap, does anyone ever wonder like, well thought out plan? Radical Islamization has already captured a large part of the audience, you can argue about it, you can come up with a justification for the benefit of those who like to make covers ups, including even those who may be associated directly with developers, have personal contacts and use them ... If you are present here, well you know who you are .. but evading responsibility? no no no... you can not, unless if you decide to to abandon the idea of ​​covering up the radicals, their ideologies and servers that are involved in clean recruitment of young muslims and spread propaganda. You can hate me for what I have done, namely for the fact that I considered it important to save our future generations from becoming malignant, all the hate and cruel murderers by naive barbarians, killing of ordinary citizens. I do what I think is necessary, on the basis of which it and their own ideas about how the community should have a strong anti radical and unitary concept. My family member, a veteran of anti saddam coalition, fighting in the special division of search and rescue of civilized inhabitants in the dead zone, lost his sight in an attack against the local radicals, those who are doing the same thing as the Islamic State and similar organizations ... no, organization is a horde, soulless assholes.. cannot describe them and give them a name or a lighter terminology. Yes, these are my motives, based on the fact that I would not like to see in the face of these assholes, mine or other children. All this, is a sore topic, it remains and requires to take at least some measures that will be engaged in any court whose originally created the game, the official rules of order .. The blocking in registrar online organization .. or we still take measures and tackle the problem..Yes, it will take a lot of time .. unless of course there is an alternative ways to a test servers from third countries as a general priority, since the servers are already in Europe and USA .. All I wanted to say, for good or bad, but it will dealt with, everything we do, or official bodies. As you can see I took the initiative in my own hands and performed the second point, I think there is no point to think any more. In the most extreme case, I will get in touch with regulation bodies from other countries, where terrorism is absolutely not a welcoming factor and let them know about all of this. Let's all do something?

Please share your opinions on all of this, you may find to be critical to what i had done and find it unnecessary, but i did what i did, and i can only apologize for being somewhere somewhat harsh towards few antisemistic, but no way i would be harsh towards religions that are peaceful, true christians, catholics, muslims, other groups. We are all standing to idea of peace and serenity, despite playing angry game of killing each other, to release the stress we have. Rational human beings!

Haha, thanks man. You made me to laugh as hell, and I mean it. Big thanks.

What?

You wrote a bunch of non-sense. Everywhere!

You're talking the game way too serious, it's time you went off.

There are so many games where players keep saying or doing this stuff, using names such as ISIS or whatelse, so im sure that this isn't important, i bet you are just a typicall hater or simply have something against this mod, and now you think it would do something to make such post. But, gj if you really didn't fake any of those pics, man you must have a boring life doing all this like contacting t2 / r* and whatever.

This is something serious, just take a look at servers that I actually getting their administration brainwashed by those type of players, it's just like in Europe, they're trying to get over us.

Thanks to author threads I laughed.
It's trolls are playing you do not take to heart.
If this role-play server, it can be seen as part of roleplaying, this the game process and no more.

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen..

Just lemme tell you ONE thing, You ARE the one who's spreading radicalism against muslims and not the opposite.. stop this stupid shit please.

Good research but it seems, you are mad at it just. You have to change direction of your energy for pawno, example for. Or other psychological problems. I like it.

I found this HILARIOUS. Not the fact that are offended and other dumb shit, but because you put way too damn much work into a thread that will not give you attention you wanted. Seriously, look at everything you just typed! Now look where you are!

Do you realize how stereotypical you sound? Do you think every kid who sees these "propaganda" that you so call, make them dump their life and fly to meet ISIS? Did you even listen in your class what propaganda is at all? In my opinion you are just another person who thinks that games can influence people to join certain groups, you know how many times I had been imitating terrorists on servers? you know why? it's fun, it's a game, I enjoy it, I don't let it influence my personal life as the though of becoming a terrorist doesn't even cross it. Go retake your History classes and review what propaganda is. Another conspiracy theorist, your screenshots only prove that terrorist factions exist in the server, you have never proven that people actually became terrorists by the influence of video games, you don't just become a terrorist through playing a video game that shows its contents, you become one by being raised from early age and being thought that its a good thing. SA-MP is doing Rockstar a favor by keeping their game still alive after so many years, and allowing people to actually enjoy the only good online experience that you can get, I haven't seen one game or mod that gave so much expansion in ability to use your imagination so much.

What do you think you'll achieve from this? You think you'll be live on CNN or Fox News getting a live interview and drive on a limo with the president? Do you think that ISIS has time to look at a computer screen at the desert and recruit players? Let's be non-biased like you are right now, you are just another stereotype who does not like playing video games, and I bet that you got so pissed off that you lost a position of an administrator of a freeroam server so you thought that reporting the modification that allowed you to have this experience would be a good idea. SA-MP is the only modification ever that gave us freedom to choose how we play the game and how we interact with other people, you just sound like a monarch who wants to take people's freedom, yes I agree on children being allowed to play video games at a certain age but lets be real, most of the samp population consists of 10-12+ year olds that are of age that they were already educated to a level where they are against such things like terrorism, why do you think there are schools, history classes, english classes? To prevent mistakes that happened in the past so people could build up for a better future, you are just toxic to this community.

If it makes you feel better, I'll tell you that I took the matter seriously, so I tried to read it.
I really did, but I stopped reading shortly after because what you wrote in there is officially the biggest nonsense I have ever read on these forums.
ISIS or ISIL or whatever those fucktards like to call themselves do use the internet and media for recruiting.
You got that part right, but come on dude, an 11 year old game? U fucking serious?
You're basically demanding the server owners to play 'PRISM' on their players (#NSA). Take this quote and stick it inside your head:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
you don't just become a terrorist through playing a video game that shows its contents, you become one by being raised from early age and being thought that its a good thing.
If we catch a recruiter in mid act, we will of course put an end to it, but that's just about it.
We won't go Big Brother, because we don't have the resources to do it. If you want to do it, be my guest!

I didn't read the entire post but the point seemed to be that open sourcing SA-MP would make it more difficult for it to be used as a recruitment tool for terrorists. I've never seen any evidence that it has been used in that way and don't see why open source would make any difference. I'm sure people troll a lot in the chat and try to stir other people up.

SA-MP doesn't run any servers or have any control over who can play. This was intentional. I designed it how I would have wanted it where you're free to do what you want. You can download free software to run your own online chat servers, for example. SA-MP does have control over the server lists that you can access through the client. I see the server lists, the forum, and the main website as being seperate from the actual software since you don't really require those to play SA-MP. There are some extra rules for getting servers on the lists. Servers breaking the server list rules have been blocked in the past. It never stopped them actually running the server.

I have said that SA-MP would be open sourced eventually. There would be no reason to keep the source closed. The question has been when is a good time to do it. The fear with open sourcing previously has been that with the popularity of the mod, SA-MP could branch in to several forks and the community would be split between them and it would die due to people not having a central meeting place to get new servers/communities off the ground.

So anyway, if you have evidence of terrorists, it's the same deal online as offline: report it to law enforcement. Use their website or call them. I'd offer to help but I don't have a couple of spare M16's.

Wow quonx, you are such a sociopath.. Why don't you not play the game anymore?

its just a game ffs

Proving ISIS recruitments in samp with screenshots of Al Qaeda named groups? Do you know that they are two distinct terrorist groups, even attacking each other? Al Qaeda was never known for running big recruitment campaigns, so I actually doubt that those groups on the server are online radicalisation camps.

And whats up with the "making it open source would solve terrorist problems"-stuff? This makes absolutely no sense to me. I wonder if you did all that just to get an open source samp, to blame certain servers that mistreated you, or if you actually believe that you need to fight ISIS on samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The fear with open sourcing previously has been that with the popularity of the mod, SA-MP could branch in to several forks and the community would be split between them and it would die due to people not having a central meeting place to get new servers/communities off the ground.
Open sourcing SA-MP will be the best thing for cheaters. I don't think there will ever be a right time to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I'd offer to help but I don't have a couple of spare M16's.
Good one!

what the fuck

Uh, What?