How to run a Mysql Gamemode on my VPS?

Hey there, I'm totally new to "MySQL" but not nonmysql. Anyways, I have this South Central RP script and I wanna check it out on my VPS to play with a few friends (Not on my Localhost). So I wanna know what are the requirements, What files should be needed.
PS: Inside the .pwn, Defining the MySQL Database, ID and pass etc are filled by me. I installed Mysql on my vps and Used the Details of it on the .pwn GM.

-I use Debian VPS-
Help would be appreciated, I ******d but most of them showed tutorials on LocalHost.

If your MySQL server and SA-MP sever are on the same VPS then use localhost as the IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
If your MySQL server and SA-MP sever are on the same VPS then use localhost as the IP.
Next time, read before replying. Don't act dumb

I don't believe SC:RP creates the structure it'll need just by defining the MySQL connection details. Even if it does, it won't have any vehicles/businesses, anyway, since they're loaded in MySQL, again, if I recall right. Meaning, you'll need to import the database included from where ever you got the script from.

Include some server logs, but if you didn't import the database, that's what you should start with. You can import the database via MySQL CLI(****** it) or you can use an administration tool, which is what you'll end up wanting if you intend to directly manipulate the database(you'll probably end up needing to). While you don't need a GUI, for someone that is just starting out using MySQL, doing everything via CLI isn't going to be a fun experience. A decent PHP based MySQL administration software is phpMyAdmin, for that, you'll need a web server with PHP5, it can be local, or remote.

It's not really that difficult, but you'll definitely need to do due research and get the database imported, and probably work on getting an administration tool setup.

In the future, include logs, that'll help identify all issues that could be affecting what you're trying to do.

The script probably came with a .sql file that you should import into your mysql server. The file basically describes the required tables and their structure in order to "build" the same structure on your server.