Basically..

if I were to start a game server provider dedicated towards SA:MP servers, what would you want a/o expect from me/my host if you were a potential client? Thanks.

oh great samp needs more hosts

I'd expect that you're an idiot if you start a GSP specifically for SA:MP. There's no market or money in it.

Seriously, maybe 5 years ago I could've forgave you for such a sketchy business plan, but now, the numbers are clear, even if at least 60% of people hosting servers of any size(that you'd be able to charge more than $5/m for) didn't use VPS's/dedicated servers, you'd still be have problems making any money.

If you're still not convinced, lets break down the numbers here.
Lets say you host 5% of all SA:MP servers online, right now there are 4,280 servers online, 5% of that is 214. Lets say of those 214 servers, you make a PROFIT(including taxes, PayPal fees, etc.) of $5/m. Being reasonable, no one that knows anything about the GSP/hosting market is going to pay more than $5/m for the convenience of having you manage the back-end of their server, simply because SA:MP is so easy to host and requires so few resources.
214*5 = $1,070 USD/m. You can't make a living off of that, much less pay for the servers to host said servers.
Even if 5% of all SA:MP server owners paid you $15/m, and you pocketed 100% of that, it'd only be $3,120.

If this post hasn't convinced you that you'd be out of your mind to try and start a host specifically marketed towards SA:MP is a outright stupid idea, then I don't know what will.

For reference here, for $10/m, you can buy a solid VPS that can host SA:MP without issues, along with a TS server or even in some cases a web server.

I'm going to be nice about this...starting a web hosting or any form of hosting company is an extremely risky market and business idea as there are so many established companies already.

You have to invest a lot of money into a unique website, client management system such as WHMCS, and then the servers.

You could never make a profit unless you invest a fair bit of money, as we do not want to buy of someone that resells as that's pointless, and if you were to resell then you would have to make it more expensive to cover your costs.

So overall you need a large amount of money with the risk of loosing it all just like gambling to stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd expect that you're an idiot if you start a GSP specifically for SA:MP. There's no market or money in it.

Seriously, maybe 5 years ago I could've forgave you for such a sketchy business plan, but now, the numbers are clear, even if at least 60% of people hosting servers of any size(that you'd be able to charge more than $5/m for) didn't use VPS's/dedicated servers, you'd still be have problems making any money.

If you're still not convinced, lets break down the numbers here.
Lets say you host 5% of all SA:MP servers online, right now there are 4,280 servers online, 5% of that is 214. Lets say of those 214 servers, you make a PROFIT(including taxes, PayPal fees, etc.) of $5/m. Being reasonable, no one that knows anything about the GSP/hosting market is going to pay more than $5/m for the convenience of having you manage the back-end of their server, simply because SA:MP is so easy to host and requires so few resources.
214*5 = $1,070 USD/m. You can't make a living off of that, much less pay for the servers to host said servers.
Even if 5% of all SA:MP server owners paid you $15/m, and you pocketed 100% of that, it'd only be $3,120.

If this post hasn't convinced you that you'd be out of your mind to try and start a host specifically marketed towards SA:MP is a outright stupid idea, then I don't know what will.

For reference here, for $10/m, you can buy a solid VPS that can host SA:MP without issues, along with a TS server or even in some cases a web server.
$3.120 are so few unless you live here in Greece. Sorry but had to mention that LMAO!

Id expect a company big enough to actually pay taxes.
Theres no real point in going with a 10-clients-hoster, as they can neither keep up with the services nor the long-term prices of a big company. I also like reliable customer rights, not something like "This hosting company is run by xXcRaZyHoStXx (link to forum profile)", with no other contact info given and domain with whois guard.

Agreed with Mauzen. But er.. don't focus only on SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
Посмотреть сообщение
$3.120 are so few unless you live here in Greece. Sorry but had to mention that LMAO!
I expressed that it isn't a large amount.

FYI, $3,000 is plenty to live on in most places in the US, considering if he were only hosting SA:MP servers, he'd probably rent a few dedicated servers, and if he were like any of the other fly-by-night hosts, he'd use OVH, so the only costs he'd have would be the rental fees for servers, billing/control panel system licenses, etc. Lets say he pays $500/m in costs and grossed $2,500/m, that's still completely livable in lots of places here in the US, and it's especially livable if you live with a room mate or share the costs of living with someone else.

Now, again, being realistic, no one is going to make it far in the GSP industry by just hosting SA:MP servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
Lets say he pays $500/m in costs and grossed $2,500/m, that's still completely livable in lots of places here in the US, and it's especially livable if you live with a room mate or share the costs of living with someone else.
Thats at most 1500$ after taxes. Now get your insurances and maybe a car, and you only got barely enough money left for your daily expenses. 2500 isnt as much as it sounds. And its not even anywhere near the profit that 95% of the hosting companies earn.
There are about 4500 servers online daily. 3000$ of income would mean about 300 average servers - 7% of all servers online. Thats even more when considering that a major part of the servers are running on third party VPS/dedis or at home.
Theres barely any chance that a new hoster will take up 15% of the samp server hostings, at least not within a few years. And it certainly wouldnt be an easy task. Theres absolutely no realistic chance that you can make yourself an easy living with samp hosting, even in conjunction with other game servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats at most 1500$ after taxes. Now get your insurances and maybe a car, and you only got barely enough money left for your daily expenses. 2500 isnt as much as it sounds. And its not even anywhere near the profit that 95% of the hosting companies earn.
There are about 4500 servers online daily. 3000$ of income would mean about 300 average servers - 7% of all servers online. Thats even more when considering that a major part of the servers are running on third party VPS/dedis or at home.
Theres barely any chance that a new hoster will take up 15% of the samp server hostings, at least not within a few years. And it certainly wouldnt be an easy task. Theres absolutely no realistic chance that you can make yourself an easy living with samp hosting, even in conjunction with other game servers.
I mentioned that those numbers would be profit, even after taxes and such.