SA:MP Hosting / VPS

Hello guys,

Yes, we've ALL seen countless posts about SA:MP hosting, I was sick of seeing them and never thought I'd be asking... However it's came to the point where I've invested in shared hosting with Volt-Host. After problems with the SQL they literally told me to find somewhere else and locked the ticket.
Then I invested one into Hostskool, in which I haven't had a reply in the past 4 days and after googling the issue, some people have been waiting since June to get a reply.
PingPerfect no longer supplies SA:MP servers as like many, they are all out of stock (PingPerfect was a good provider). The rest suggested on SA:MP Forums are all non-existent anymore.

Soooo I'm now left in the hands of other SA:MP Server Owners to help advise me on finding a reliable and trustworthy source for a SA:MP Server Provider OR any VPS Providers as I am unable to do anything now and it just to me feels like SA:MP is dying when I know damn well it isn't.

All the googling, all the buying, all the time wasted, I'm hoping you guys can finally offer some help.

Linux or Windows, I don't care. Linux pref
EDIT: No free hosting, I'm willing to pay for a server of good quality. If possible, any companies that may have servers located in the Europe region, mainly for ping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzdon
View Post
Use http://contabo.com or http://empower-hosting.com or https://trentahost.com
Pretty cheap and very stable

Never use OVH
mhm... Best picked VPSs reliable and cheap

galaxyhostplus.com i should say that they are the best server provider atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravin
View Post
galaxyhostplus.com i should say they the best server provider atm.
As stated above, everyone is suggesting hosts that are 'out of stock'.

Please check before offering because this is so frustrating now

I prefer ramnode. Their customer support is great, the VPS's are great and it's cheap as f*ck. The only downside is their ddos protection that doesn't protect that good - buuut I dont think you need it.

Why don't you buy n use VPS or dedicated server, you will probably one find one around $10 that's the same price as samp shared hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzdon
View Post
Why don't you buy n use VPS or dedicated server, you will probably one find one around $10 that's the same price as samp shared hosting
Hi Adzdon, I've been looking into VPS' and did say above if someone could recommend some VPS' / dedicated server as I am deciding I'm just going to run with a VPS now.

I've had good experiences with RamNode in the past, running a 100 slot SA-MP server, a MySQL server, nginx and PHP on the 256MB RAM package. Although like Michael said DDoS mitigation isn't optimal. If you don't buy a DDoS filtered IP then all your services will be shut down for at least 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
I've had good experiences with RamNode in the past, running a 100 slot SA-MP server, a MySQL server, nginx and PHP on the 256MB RAM package. Although like Michael said DDoS mitigation isn't optimal. If you don't buy a DDoS filtered IP then all your services will be shut down for at least 15 minutes.
And is that with a [Standard] OpenVZ SSD, Vince ?

For game servers you'll need to look to the Premium packages (as their CPU's are capable of running them). I had the 512MB SVZ for 5$ / month (and later 6,05$ cuz VAT was required for europians) with 2 samp servers, sql server, apache, teamspeak, irc server and some others if I remember. It ran all well, even when my samp servers were popular by the host-tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
View Post
For game servers you'll need to look to the Premium packages (as their CPU's are capable of running them). I had the 512MB SVZ for 5$ / month (and later 6,05$ cuz VAT was required for europians) with 2 samp servers, sql server, apache, teamspeak, irc server and some others if I remember. It ran all well, even when my samp servers were popular by the host-tab.
You ran all of that under 512Mb a month? That is fantastic! Is it linux or Windows based? Or can it be chosen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamM
View Post
You ran all of that under 512Mb a month? That is fantastic! Is it linux or Windows based? Or can it be chosen?
If I remember it's only Linux and you can choose which. Maybe you can have windows on VPS's with more resources. Look around and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
View Post
If I remember it's only Linux and you can choose which. Maybe you can have windows on VPS's with more resources. Look around and see
No no! CentOS will be fine, and with regards to purchasing a Premium VPS from these guys, it's asking for a domain, obviously I can create a sub-domain to my already existing domain, however will any DNS etc need to be changed on the entire domain in general or...? This is my first time BUYING a VPS, I've used them in the past courtesy of people who have given me a user account, however I've never went through the setting up / buying of a VPS. I need to learn sometime so why not start today

How's OVH not the best? Kimsufi + OVH = greatness.

Overall, if I was to go down the route of a Linux OS, I'd really need to learn how to operate the OS to it's full potential, I know some of the basics but, uploading, configuring, etc etc. That's where I begin to lose my grasp with regards to knowledge on the matter.

Quote:
View Post
Overall, if I was to go down the route of a Linux OS, I'd really need to learn how to operate the OS to it's full potential, I know some of the basics but, uploading, configuring, etc etc. That's where I begin to lose my grasp with regards to knowledge on the matter.
I'd put PhpMyAdmin, and set up everything (server wise) for a small fee. (debian 7)

Quote:
View Post
And is that with a [Standard] OpenVZ SSD, Vince ?
I used Premium KVM SSD. KVM is pure hardware virtualization which ought to make it more stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD5
View Post
I'd put PhpMyAdmin, and set up everything (server wise) for a small fee. (debian 7)
I think anyone is capable of typing
Code:
apt-get install phpmyadmin
(Unless it needs to be configured for nginx)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
I used Premium KVM SSD. KVM is pure hardware virtualization which ought to make it more stable.

I think anyone is capable of typing
Code:
apt-get install phpmyadmin
(Unless it needs to be configured for nginx)
Well that includes a secured installation (block of un-useful ports in the firewall), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD5
View Post
Debian 7 is one of the GUI OS' isn't it?

Try use digitalocean.com
they provide nice vps there