[Plugin] cimulator - collision detection and physics simulation

Why should I use this plugin instead of Peppe's physics include? Less memory/cpu usage? Better physics simulation?

When is the new version of the static objects going to be released?

compiled plugin is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhite
View Post
Why should I use this plugin instead of Peppe's physics include? Less memory/cpu usage? Better physics simulation?
This plugin uses a library (Bullet Physics) with much more realistic physics. Peppe's use spheres for all models. This plugin uses the actual models.

This plugin has a lot of benefits, but obviously has downsides. The biggest downsides are memory usage and SA-MP traffic. SA-MP's way of syncing packets isn't built for the amount of traffic this plugin COULD, which is why the frames are limited and why it is so tough to optimize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford
View Post
When is the new version of the static objects going to be released?
I have to work on it a bit more for a proper release.

Who can be compiled under Linux and windows?

The plugin is already compiled under windows and I know nothing about Linux so you have to compile it yourself. To let you all know, a latest version cimulator has been released for documentation on latest function go through the cimulator.inc file. The latest version adds separately handled static and dynamic object manipulation and less memory consumption for static objects.

What if I want to make a throwable object (brick) and check if it's going to hit player or not. Will I be able to make a check statement for that with this plugin? I want something to happen when NPC is gonna get hit by object that I have thrown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codectile
View Post
The plugin is already compiled under windows and I know nothing about Linux so you have to compile it yourself. To let you all know, a latest version cimulator has been released for documentation on latest function go through the cimulator.inc file. The latest version adds separately handled static and dynamic object manipulation and less memory consumption for static objects.
Just checked source on github and it seems incomplete...I cant even find main file...SDK is never included in any of the files...I also checked in release's downloadable source as zip, same there.Did i miss something or what?

Riddick94, certainly, I will TRY to add some feature that could help you out with this situation.

DRIFT_HUNTER, if you mean the bullet SDK, you have to download it from the official bullet physics site.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Riddick94, certainly, I will TRY to add some feature that could help you out with this situation.

DRIFT_HUNTER, if you mean the bullet SDK, you have to download it from the official bullet physics site.
I actually meant samp SDK, but i just noticed that its actually my bad. So i guess everything is fine... (Dont have time atm to give it a try to compile)

Your plugin is amazing, I think now you should work on making it easier and friendly for users to create their systems using it. Start making functions like the ones provided in the include of ColAndreas.
By the way is there a way to check if the object reached the ground after it's been thrown?

Firstly, what do you mean by systems?
Secondly, I will look into adding some interesting functions.
Thirdly, there is not a specific function for that till now, though you can check whether the object is in contact or not.

Systems that use physics like items dropping etc..
So it's possible to apply what I asked you earlier? Even if it took me to do the functions myself? (Ground thing)

Maybe a callback to know whether it collided with a collision (do multiple callbacks one for San Andreas objects and mapped, one with players maybe?) this would be great mate!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Systems that use physics like items dropping etc..
So it's possible to apply what I asked you earlier? Even if it took me to do the functions myself? (Ground thing)
It's possible, just check whether the objects is active or not using CR_IsActive native. If the objects is inactive it's merely on the floor.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe a callback to know whether it collided with a collision (do multiple callbacks one for San Andreas objects and mapped, one with players maybe?) this would be great mate!
There are few callbacks which bullet provide, I'll try to implement them if I get time.

Where can I download "*.dll" and "*.so"?

See the download section in the main topic. If you want a linux version you would have to compile it yourself.

It would be great if someone compiles the Linux version for us

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be great if someone compiles the Linux version for us
Really!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
See the download section in the main topic. If you want a linux version you would have to compile it yourself.
Any important compile flags I should consider before compiling the source?