Better ban system?

Hello fellows...i want to ask if it's there a better way of building a ban system. Now i see lots of shits who use ban evade programs in other "hacks" and they are getting very annoying. So post here any idea...

ban system ?
you can block a play by IP really, if samp provided some computer details to identify the machine would be nice so even if they log in with different IP you would catch them, but many people have DNS internet, IP can change on every restart of the router.

Quote:
Originally Posted by park4bmx
Посмотреть сообщение
ban system ?
you can block a play by IP really, if samp provided some computer details to identify the machine would be nice so even if they log in with different IP you would catch them, but many people have DNS internet, IP can change on every restart of the router.
gpci()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawbringer
Посмотреть сообщение
gpci()
No the GPCI isn't a good anti-ban-evade.

pawn Код:
gpci()
it's not unique!

Here is all anyone needs to know about gpci:
- It is a non-reversible (lossy) hash derived from information about your San Andreas installation path.
- It is not a unique ID.
- It was added to assist owners of large servers who deal with constant attacks from cheaters and botters.
- It has been in SA-MP for 2 years.

Any other ideas?

Could just range ban the IP?

Afaik there is absolutely no unique data that you can harvest directly
however a combination of ip, name, gpci and other info should be rare enough to make a great ban algorithm, unfortunately if the code is directly copy pasted from sa-mp forums it would obviously wouldn't be secure and would be much much worse than any ban system you would make yourself, so I suggest you figure an algorithm using all the semi-unique data you can gather from each player.

Fully scripted ban system.

Based on CIDR Ip system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classl...Domain_Routing). You can script range ban, temp ban using database (SQL) and so on.

I have done a similar job in GAdmin (fully scripted ban system): https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=585036

IP:GPCI - unique