Stream Memory

Hey guys,

So since the new version of SAMP, the client picks the stream memory.
However why does mine only use 1240mb's while I have 12000mb's RAM?
I want it to use up to 3-4GB's so it fixes my lag with my HD mods..

Why can't I make that happen?

I think I have problem with mine too. Because some objects haven't loaded even if you are really close to them :S..

Both with alredy placed objects by R* and sa-mp mapped ones.

maybe cause mods are not compatible? if objects loading is laggy it might be fixed with an ssd

My game is on my SSD, so it cannot be that, I'ts just SAMP doesn't use full RAM, I got 12GB ram, Im ok with SAMP using 4-5-6 of it, instead of 1gb..

San Andreas is a 32bit application, they can only use up to 2GB.

Maybe enabling large address awareness for gta_sa.exe could help. This flag tells the OS that the executable can handle more than 2gb of memory, allowing up to 4gb to be used. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, sometimes it even causes problems. It all depends on if SA can indeed handle more than 2gb.
Though, I doubt that the game performance would profit from that. SA doesnt buffer a lot in ram, if you leave out the sound files, it isnt even 2gb on the HDD.
HD mods mostly go to the vram of your graphics card. Textures and graphics loaded to the system ram would make no sense, because they arent needed in there.

If you want to try it, search for "enable large address awareness". There are tools for that, or tutorials how to do it manually. But be careful what youre downloading.