The Hunger Games: To RP, or to not RP?

Since our official opening, Rangerxxll and I have had many people tell us they wanted our server to be roleplayed, but we're both kinda on the fence about it. On one side, RP would be fun, on the other side, everyone would have to make new characters, or use a teenage version of their old one, since the Hunger Games only accepts kids and teens. OR we could just say "f*** it" and allow adults in the Hunger Games, since it is GTA.

Ranger can't see this server going RP, but so many people are wanting it that it brings me here. What should we do? Go light RP? Tell people they dont have to RP pulling out a weapon? Another downside would be that we have to up the moderation, make sure people are actually roleplaying. We do not want this server to be "dynamic" RP. We also want to appeal to more people.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

It should be more like survival than RP.

RP would slow thing down BIG TIME
Focus on survival,adventures...
Just some basic RP cmds so if some people want to RP,let them.

I would prefer it to be a roleplay server with special rules.

I guess you can make it RP as well if you are inspired by the boring lives of the guys District 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
Since our official opening, Rangerxxll and I have had many people tell us they wanted our server to be roleplayed, but we're both kinda on the fence about it. On one side, RP would be fun, on the other side, everyone would have to make new characters, or use a teenage version of their old one, since the Hunger Games only accepts kids and teens. OR we could just say "f*** it" and allow adults in the Hunger Games, since it is GTA.

Ranger can't see this server going RP, but so many people are wanting it that it brings me here. What should we do? Go light RP? Tell people they dont have to RP pulling out a weapon? Another downside would be that we have to up the moderation, make sure people are actually roleplaying. We do not want this server to be "dynamic" RP. We also want to appeal to more people.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
Judging by the second movie, there's a special event where adults can enter (previous winners of the games)

So the adults idea would work out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Dixon
Посмотреть сообщение
Judging by the second movie, there's a special event where adults can enter (previous winners of the games)

So the adults idea would work out
Yeah, but would EVERY match involve just adults?

Aerotactics your attitudes is going to make me vomit but lets go on the topic there was only one hunger game server better than yours tons time but now only your server is alive i suggest you to work harder on your script to make it clear without bugs and your server will be the #1st hunger game server

Seriously? You're really considering to force people to don't pull out a gun into a survival gamemode like hunger games cause of RP? What's the point of the gamemode then?

**Oooh I've got a new idea for a gamemode, but first let me create the /do cmds**

In addition, it's your 5th return to samp, are you really motivated enough to finish such a project? Cause if it's a temporary motivation and excitement to start something new and on the deep cave of your mind you know that you'll give up again, I would tell you to don't even start this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
Посмотреть сообщение
Seriously? You're really considering to force people to don't pull out a gun into a survival gamemode like hunger games cause of RP? What's the point of the gamemode then?

**Oooh I've got a new idea for a gamemode, but first let me create the /do cmds**

In addition, it's your 5th return to samp, are you really motivated enough to finish such a project? Cause if it's a temporary motivation and excitement to start something new and on the deep cave of your mind you know that you'll give up again, I would tell you to don't even start this.
XD It's already been started and the server is already up. We have a good GM going, and it's only getting better. We actually have motivation to keep it going now that we are public, and this little suggestion is why we're not sure what to do.

It is clear that RP is NOT the way to go. I just wanted to get other's opinions before we turn it down.