Desyncing oneself

I was wondering if it was possible to force a player to desync?

You can return 0 on OnPlayerUpdate(), I believe that will cause the player to get desynced

Yea, it does desync the player but that won't help in my case.

I basically want to test the effect of some anti cheats on desynced players without having to buy a server and wait for someone to get desynced.

Why won't that help? It's the effect.

just ddos em for a bit

In most cases that would just cause the player to just disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Why won't that help? It's the effect.
Are you a 100% sure that desynced players won't send player updates?

Ah, I am extremely curious about that tick-rate malfunction thingy.

I use ProcessTick to make the anti cheat checks at regular intervals. I manually increment a tick variable for every 10 server ticks (10 Server Ticks = 50ms) and use it a lot.

Can you give an estimate of the percentage error/offset in the tick rate?

Thanks for the information, never knew that.

Using a firewall or router settings to block udb communication with the server could also work, but I havent tested that (recognized as 100% packetloss, and I dont know if the server kicks players with too much lost data, probably it does ).
Some routers need a restart to confirm firewall changes, wont work then of course. And you need a fast way to switch between block/non-block as the server will definitely drop you after a pretty short time (if not instantly).

However, OnPlayerUpdate 0-return could also do the job for you. Put it on the very top of OPU to simulate a timeout. As desync checks in anti-cheat scripts usually use OPU, they will detect the player is desynced (but you might have to hook it at the top of the script, before including the anti-cheat stuff, if they are external includes. Else the hooking order will cause them to not detect the artificial desync)

Returning 0 on OnPlayerUpdate did not work.

I gave a weapon to myself a weapon which would replace my MP5 with UZI and it did replace. As per my knowledge from my past experiences, GivePlayerWeapon does not work on desynced players.