The difference between RP and RPG?

The title says it all.
As far as I know RP is standing for roleplay - doing things like in the real life. But what is RPG? I've heard that RPG is exactly the same thing as RP. I've also seen RPG is in the names in some servers, actually it was on last night. Can someone more experienced explain it to me?

The English language is not my native language, so... excuse me for the mistakes (if there's any)
Michael

RP - Role Play
RPG - role-playing game

The RPG has to be the story

Example MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game)

San Andreas attacked by aliens, we must fight them to regain their freedom. And so on ...
Game description is not available in English so I can not give it.
Video:
https://www.*******.com/playlist?lis...GIR9FiUrRtqV7n

Hmm.. okay, okay I got it.

"RP" is usually interpreted as strict roleplay with a lot of /me and /do, following the rules and general silliness. "RPG" is far less strict. Cops and Robbers servers are essentially RPGs. You still assume a role, but you don't have to write three lines of silly text every time you equip your shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
"RP" is usually interpreted as strict roleplay with a lot of /me and /do, following the rules and general silliness. "RPG" is far less strict. Cops and Robbers servers are essentially RPGs. You still assume a role, but you don't have to write three lines of silly text every time you equip your shotgun.
Okay, thank you for your reply, I like that, so I decided to do a RPG server.

Please don't start a server.. It's silly that you just learned what is rpg and you decided instantly that you want to make a server.
Unless you have the time to stay for a full month with a 5 PB. (can be zero is no hosted tab).. Can even goto 2 months if the server isn't good.

The reason i am saying this is that the servers this days are more then the players and it's just enough..

Hmm... Okay