Pikimon!

Yeah, the title somehow describes and for those "pokemon" lovers, that ain't a new word.

I actually started developing an C# application. I used to work with Dev C++ but I was limited in what I was trying to work on (yes, it was another pokemon application made with console), therefore I thought giving C# application a try and see if I can make this true.

The thing is that this will not be an open-world pokemon game, I'm thinking of making it some sort of 'lobby' related. You wont actually be able to run around and things like that, but work with buttons. Yes, pokemons will have attacks and other things, that I will not create from start, but for start there will be different lobbies, like cities, caves, etc. Each of these places will have a chat where players will be able to talk with other players of the same lobby.

Until now I've worked on the login screen and started working on the main control panel page. It was something I worked on today, therefore I haven't made a big work, but just the base to continue the project off.

I used to use themes in the past, but they "blocked" me in what I was trying to do (they would completely erase form functions and wouldn't let me use them, like OnFormClosing callback etc). I got my mothers idea (yeah, I'm a mommy boy) and said, let's just keep it a plain theme, NOT everyone likes dark themes, right?

So that's what I did. I'm using a plain C# theme (Virtual Studio designed) and tried to keep everything easy and user-friendly, so everyone can find himself around the application without need of extra 'themes', 'components' etc.

Are you ready for some pictures? I know, they suck, but hey, who does not suck at their first gaming application?

Design ain't the only thing I've taken care of. I've thought of the 'break in's also, and I might say I've done a good job on it. Using an application provided by Microsoft, I could prevent decompiling the application, or at least, making it harder for those who want to 'break in'.

Give me your thoughts, would you actually play on such a 'game'?

So basically it's a pokemon rip that doesn't let you run around and find pokemon but lets you press buttons to move into caves and talk to other people in the cave/

yes 3d plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
Посмотреть сообщение
So basically it's a pokemon rip that doesn't let you run around and find pokemon but lets you press buttons to move into caves and talk to other people in the cave/
Not rip just has the Pokemon idea, adopted for PC in a program and not 3D

Quote:

Virtual Studio

my sides

Quote:

Design ain't the only thing I've taken care of. I've thought of the 'break in's also, and I might say I've done a good job on it. Using an application provided by Microsoft, I could prevent decompiling the application, or at least, making it harder for those who want to 'break in'.

MY SIDES

Visual studio* my bad. And what you mean lol

Send the binary to me, I'll pentest it

Honestly, you could've waited a little bit longer until you coded some actual features instead of rushing about. You could've started with just asking for ideas, or opinion/feedback on what you're doing instead of this.

I see no point in showing the first, second and especially the third picture. Seems like you're asking us to fap at some weird chinese symbols?

Just my two cents on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly, you could've waited a little bit longer until you coded some actual features instead of rushing about. You could've started with just asking for ideas, or opinion/feedback on what you're doing instead of this.

I see no point in showing the first, second and especially the third picture. Seems like you're asking us to fap at some weird chinese symbols?

Just my two cents on this.
The "Chinese Simbols" is the encryption to avoid the program being RE , so instead of showing the actual source , it will show those "Chinese Simbols"
My thoughts? Hire stuartD as CO-Developer and it will grow huge success.
P.S:Keep it up man don't let these guys disappoint you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
The "Chinese Simbols" is the encryption to avoid the program being RE , so instead of showing the actual source , it will show those "Chinese Simbols"
My thoughts? Hire stuartD as CO-Developer and it will grow huge success.
P.S:Keep it up man don't let these guys disappoint you
That's gotta be one of the stupidest anti-reverse-engineering methods I've ever heard.
It makes your code completely unreadable to possible partners in the development and even yourself in the future if you take a break from the project.

You're writing a small game with the WRONG framework (.NET WinForms?) and your first worry is people decompiling your application? And even then, you'd go to such a weird length to prevent it?