[Include] OnPlayerProxy - Get rid of ban evaders!

Removed

Nice include, though it must be noted that only 25 queries can be requested per minute using this API. Busy servers should find an alternate way to use this include. One of the methods can be by adding IPs to queue if they haven't been checked for proxy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://getipintel.net
How many queries can I make?

We rate limit 25 requests / minute to prevent abuse. There's also a burst parameter set to ensure smoothing of traffic. If you hit any of these limits, the web server will return a 429 error. If this is not enough, contact me so we can work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzy
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice include, though it must be noted that only 25 queries can be requested per minute using this API. Busy servers should find an alternate way to use this include. One of the methods can be by adding IPs to queue if they haven't been checked for proxy.
Thanks for the feedback, I think most of the servers dealing with more than 25 connections per minute already have some sort of VPN protection so that wasn't really my target group. I might implement your suggestion though as that doesn't seem too hard to do, that depends on if there's an interest for it though.

Well, you must check all the connections for a certain time but if for example with 500+ playerbase will restart and more than 25 players will join then it will detect all the others after a lot of time or whatever it will so it will not work properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, you must check all the connections for a certain time but if for example with 500+ playerbase will restart and more than 25 players will join then it will detect all the others after a lot of time or whatever it will so it will not work properly
As I said in my previous comment this system wasn't designed for servers with huge playerbases. However it won't falsely detect the other players like you're saying, it'll simply not check them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartels
Посмотреть сообщение
As I said in my previous comment this system wasn't designed for servers with huge playerbases. However it won't falsely detect the other players like you're saying, it'll simply not check them.
I didn't say that it will check them falsely it will just late to check them if you add a queue system... Anyway its a nice system

proxycheck.inc(10) : error 017: undefined symbol "HTTP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YECHEZ
Посмотреть сообщение
You must include it after a_http.

Thanks, Lordzy.
Sorry, my mistake. Accidentally a_http replaced by proxycheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YECHEZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry, I forgot about that. Updated the thread.

Good job dude +rep

Hi Bartels and SA Community, I'm glad the API could help you with your particular requirements.

There are a few things I need to bring up with the current implementation posted by OP.

1) All queries should include contact information so I can contact people if something goes wrong. All queries will be rejected (returns an error code) for those that do not include correct contact information starting Dec 1st. Please see the website for more information.
2) There needs to be a timeout parameter set. If your request does not get a response within something like 3 secs, then don't wait for a response from getIPIntel because something is wrong. In this scenario, you still want your players to be able to play the game. The default timeout values are pretty high in most programming languages so they may have to wait 30 secs to connect or longer, which is very annoying.
Just on a side note, in the past year I've been running the service, there has been no downtime. It's also a redundant setup (when the main server goes down, it'll auto switch to a backup server. It's slower but it'll still "work"). I guess what I'm saying is don't put all your eggs in one basket, regardless how good the track record is.

As for people that need more queries per minute, you can always contact me and set something up. I probably won't monitor this account but my contact information is on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getipintel
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi Bartels and SA Community, I'm glad the API could help you with your particular requirements.

There are a few things I need to bring up with the current implementation posted by OP.

1) All queries should include contact information so I can contact people if something goes wrong. All queries will be rejected (returns an error code) for those that do not include correct contact information starting Dec 1st. Please see the website for more information.
2) There needs to be a timeout parameter set. If your request does not get a response within something like 3 secs, then don't wait for a response from getIPIntel because something is wrong. In this scenario, you still want your players to be able to play the game. The default timeout values are pretty high in most programming languages so they may have to wait 30 secs to connect or longer, which is very annoying.
Just on a side note, in the past year I've been running the service, there has been no downtime. It's also a redundant setup (when the main server goes down, it'll auto switch to a backup server. It's slower but it'll still "work"). I guess what I'm saying is don't put all your eggs in one basket, regardless how good the track record is.

As for people that need more queries per minute, you can always contact me and set something up. I probably won't monitor this account but my contact information is on the website.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I will be including instructions on addin contact info in the next version!

A timeout parameter does not seem needed as the HTTP requests are threaded and people will not have to wait for it to connect. After some time the request automatically times ouy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartels
Посмотреть сообщение
A timeout parameter does not seem needed as the HTTP requests are threaded and people will not have to wait for it to connect. After some time the request automatically times ouy.
I'm not sure how SA-MP works internally but you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getipintel
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure how SA-MP works internally but you might be right.
I double checked and this is indeed the way it works. All requests are threaded.