Linux error please help me!

root@ubuntu:~/server7722# nohup ./samp03svr
nohup: ignoring input and appending output to ‘nohup.out’
nohup: failed to run command ‘./samp03svr’: No such file or directory
, i will give you a screenshot also.

I am using Ubuntu 14

Bump, please someone help

First of all, running the server as the root user isn't recommended whatsoever. For now though, we'll resolve the issue of it not working. Ensure you are in the directory with the samp03svr binary. To find your samp03svr binary, type the following:

Code:
find / -name samp03svr | xargs readlink -f
Then, with the path it gives you, take it and put it into the below command (if it gives you more than one path, ensure you choose the one you know to be correct):

Code:
cd /path/to/your/server/directory
Now, following this, you should be in the correct directory. This can be confirmed by typing the below; resulting in your directory being printed:

Code:
pwd
Then, following this, type the below and if you encounter issues after this, please upload the screenshot of the result of this command:

Code:
ls -la
Now, once in the right directory, although it shouldn't matter due to you executing it as the root user, type the following to make the file executable to the owner:

Code:
chown root.root samp03svr && chmod u+x samp03svr
Then, following this, try executing the server once more directly from the command line without nohup:

Code:
./samp03svr
If this works successfully, press CTRL+C to close the process, and then execute the following:

Code:
nohup ./samp03svr &
This should put the process into the background, keep it running after your ssh session closes, and will put standard output into the nohup.out file in the local directory.

Let me know if you have any issues, and whether you'd like me to assist further. Full errors would be useful if anything else gets in the way.

Looks like you missing 32 bit libraries. ****** it and install it. good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryz
View Post
Looks like you missing 32 bit libraries. ****** it and install it. good luck.
How in the world did you come to that conclusion? His error doesn't highlight anything to do with a dependency issue, and he hasn't even stated that he's on a 64 bit operating system.

I'll of course agree that 32 bit libraries are a common choke point - but in this case we don't know enough to make that assumption, and he hasn't actually managed to execute the binary yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite
View Post
How in the world did you come to that conclusion? His error doesn't highlight anything to do with a dependency issue, and he hasn't even stated that he's on a 64 bit operating system.

I'll of course agree that 32 bit libraries are a common choke point - but in this case we don't know enough to make that assumption, and he hasn't actually managed to execute the binary yet.
this thing is already happened with me and me solved with this method.

Quote:

To install 32-bit libraries on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit), open Terminal and type sudo apt-get install ia32-libs (you will need to enter your password). Then just for good measure, let's make sure your Ubuntu is up to date. Type sudo apt-get update and lastly, restart your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryz
View Post
this thing is already happened with me and me solved with this method.
Yeah I'd say as it's compiled for 32 bit architecture, that'd explain why it's throwing an unrecognised command as it's not able to execute it without the libraries. You're probably right with that being the cause, as with root he should be able to execute it without issue; but as OP hasn't really given enough information to be certain though, so we will wait for their feedback.