Q: About PC Drivers

Hi everyone,

I own an Asus Laptop (X555LD). For some reasons I've been experiencing some problems/issues which is possibly related with faulty drivers (wrong drivers installed). I am sure because I've used a third party software to download and install the drivers itself, the downloaded drivers could be wrongly installed. I am planning to reset this PC and install all the drivers from official website, however I have less knowledge in this kind of stuffs.

I am seeking for advices. I went into https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X555L...Desk_Download/ and then it asks whether my CPU is ix-4xxxxU or ix-5xxxxU. Based on Speccy, my CPU is i5 4XXX.

So should I choose ix-4xxxxU?

Another question, after I've done a reset on my PC, are drivers installed automatically?

Please advise me on this. Thank you guys

EDIT: Woops, wrong section, misclicked. please move this thread

Can you tell me more about these issues, brother?

How can a PC not know the exact processor model that is inside of it? Completely mind boggling. Crappy motherboard drivers perhaps.

Do you have Windows 10? Give more information...

@aymel Alright, let me explain. I am pretty sure I wrongly installed the drivers, so what I am gonna do is reset the PC again and reinstall all the drivers again but now from the official website. Not a third party software such as DriverNavigator or something else.

I am seeking advices in drivers installation.

@Vince Oh, I am using Speccy software. Where can I check my full PC specifications?

And yes I have Windows 10 64bit

Choose the ix-4xxxxU.
Your CPU does work without them, so if you encounter any issues, you can safely uninstall the driver and install the proper one.

I have bad news if you're running Windows 10. Most of the useful drivers are for Windows 8 only.

Install Driver Booster 3, let it scan and update all drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
View Post
I have bad news if you're running Windows 10. Most of the useful drivers are for Windows 8 only.
True. I cannot understand why they released this product without upgrading it enough. A lot of programs do not work properly and I needed to change back to Windows 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3583641
True. I cannot understand why they released this product without upgrading it enough. A lot of programs do not work properly and I needed to change back to Windows 8 kratom near me.
everything is solved now and every time new features take time