How do you keep accounts data?

Hi everyone

Plesase, take a part in a small poll.
It's interesting for me (and maybe for someone else) to know which storage type for account data is most popular. I have few ideas but I need to know if it makes sense to develop them just for one specific storage type.

It's been about 2 years almost, I didn't touch PAWN scripting at all, nor played SA-MP but previously, I've always used and preferred MySQL over any other system. I also did use SQLite at one point which was related to some custom mapping system that I was working on.

Used to work with y_ini, now mysql.

MySQL's the most flexible IMO which is why it's always been my first choice for user data. You don't have to build your own silly control panel, just use phpMyAdmin or something similar.

Y_ini

There is no relevance between MYSQL and Popular or flexible.

There are certain points where the decision should be made. Go for MYSQL if you are opting an online database as well (also, better only if you have good php, or web knowledge - personal recommendation). Many people here use MYSQL but never implement it for online websites and UCPs and manier times end up because they find it hard with SQL language.

The second case is SQLITE, which is my favorite database choice, better than INI and equivalent to MYSQL, even faster than MYSQL but basically depends upon queries you run.

The INI file format was never really meant to store frequently accessed data. It was designed to store configuration data and to be read once at the initialization of a program, hence the extension.

I am an advocate of SQL, but only if it's used properly. If you don't enforce data integrity and copy things all over the place then you may as well not be using SQL. The JOIN keyword is probably the most important keyword there is. If you do not known what this is or what it does then you're not ready to use SQL just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The JOIN keyword is probably the most important keyword there is. If you do not known what this is or what it does then you're not ready to use SQL just yet.
Well, in particular, I almost never use JOIN keyword in my gamemode's queries. Most time I need just a few fields from foreign table so I use, for example, SELECT vehicle.*, account.login FROM vehicle, account WHERE vehicle.id = 12 AND vehicle.owner = account.id.

Of course you must know about JOIN before you start using SQL, but queries may be OK without it. I said this just because many people start doing exactly the same things they read from someone's comment (especially with high rep) and think that their queries are wrong because there's no JOIN in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The INI file format was never really meant to store frequently accessed data. It was designed to store configuration data and to be read once at the initialization of a program, hence the extension.

I am an advocate of SQL, but only if it's used properly. If you don't enforce data integrity and copy things all over the place then you may as well not be using SQL. The JOIN keyword is probably the most important keyword there is. If you do not known what this is or what it does then you're not ready to use SQL just yet.
To be fair, I've been using SQL for years (simple CRUD mind you) and had no idea what JOIN was until now.

MySQL database for the win