Variable modified for no reason

So, I have this piece of code that's acting weird. The code generates a random 10-character string to be used as a security code, however, a few lines later, a query gets added at the end of it (no idea how... the code variable has a maximum of 10 characters), so the mysql debug query looks like this:

Код:
UPDATE `players` SET `IPCode`='5b2N9UEc9USELECT * FROM `players` WHERE `Name`='Austin' AND `IPCode` IS NULL LIMIT 1' WHERE `Name`='Austin'
Obviously, the query fails to process. The code is 5b2N9UEc9U however, a query a few lines above randomly appears after that, even tho, as I just said, it shouldn't be able to fit at all! Also, for another extremely weird reason, the code itself (without the last U) is put in another place in the database...
This is the code itself:

pawn Код:
new code[10];
randomString(code,10);
format(pInfo[playerid][IPCode],10,"%s",code);
new ipquery[128];
format(ipquery,sizeof(ipquery),"UPDATE `players` SET `IPCode`='%s' WHERE `Name`='%s'",code,playername);
mysql_query(ipquery);
Either it's an extremely easy problem to solve that I just can't see or pawno is drunk... A little help please?

Buffer overflow. All strings must be zero-terminated. A string of n characters requires a space of n + 1 characters to store the string itself and the null terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Buffer overflow. All strings must be zero-terminated. A string of n characters requires a space of n + 1 characters to store the string itself and the null terminator.
OH right! I knew about that. That does not however explain why that query was added at the end of it...
Thanks for your quick response!