Question about Mapping

When I map railroads, and I put a Train on them, then would these railroads work on my server so that I will be able to drive with my train?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugged
Посмотреть сообщение
When I map railroads, and I put a Train on them, then would these railroads work on my server so that I will be able to drive with my train?
Nope unfortunately not, only on the standard railroads.

Is it 100Percent unmakeable, or is there maybe a way?

I don't think it is possible, Bugged. Simply because the railtracks that are set down within the games source code its self are hard coded to accept a train vehicle on them and has been programmed to steer and operate the train around those tracks.

When you add custom mapped tracks, it doesn't inherit the code which normal tracks have, it's just a plain object when you place it.

I can't say honestly that it is possible, not yet anyway, SA:MP always evolves with regards to their updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamM
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think it is possible, Bugged. Simply because the railtracks that are set down within the games source code its self are hard coded to accept a train vehicle on them and has been programmed to steer and operate the train around those tracks.

When you add custom mapped tracks, it doesn't inherit the code which normal tracks have, it's just a plain object when you place it.

I can't say honestly that it is possible, not yet anyway, SA:MP always evolves with regards to their updates
Oh ok,
thank you for your help,
+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugged
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it 100Percent unmakeable, or is there maybe a way?
no it's possible just map it right without bugs then make an scripter create a NPC/BOT to drive the train on the MAP

I don't know if that's possible since, as far as I know, trains are special and always snap to the nearest track/path. Also at least one train path is unfinished and it cuts straight through terrain, which is why it is not included in SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if that's possible since, as far as I know, trains are special and always snap to the nearest track/path. Also at least one train path is unfinished and it cuts straight through terrain, which is why it is not included in SA-MP.
if a scripter created an NPC/BOT and have set positions of the custom map which the bot/npc will drive the train on ?

but i think the whole problem on how you can move the trian to custom map right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Diesel
Посмотреть сообщение
if a scripter created an NPC/BOT and have set positions of the custom map which the bot/npc will drive the train on ?

but i think the whole problem on how you can move the trian to custom map right?
Trains on custom rails are impossible in SA-MP. Period. Fact.

/thread