[Tool/Web/Other] Prineside DevTools

If you are interested in some kind of tool that is not implemented yet, write about it in this topic.
Maybe it can be helpful for others and I'll try to develop it.

It's a big heap (>20) of different tools created by myself in last few years.
First I called it 'Developer's swiss knife' and wrote about it here (old topic), but it was discontinued because of two things - it was targeted on front-end framework (javascript) and I had no time for it's development.
In a few month my account was banned for SA-MP update critique and I lost access to that topic.

All of these tools are placed on one site so you don't have to download them or install anything.
Not all of those tools are targeted on SA-MP server development, many of them are used internally by Prineside team and can't be accessed without permission.

First of all that site was created to gather all of my tools in one place. Usualy I create something and drop it somewhere so it gets lost after some time and I'm going to create it again and again.

Main page with list of all available tools:

Prineside DevTools

Screenshot:

Press an icon in the top left corner to open the menu
Press an icon in the top right corner to choose site language

Tools

All SA-MP and GTA San Andreas objects gallery

Info and screenshots of every object in the game, convenient search by text / ID / tag / category / position on map.

Complete GTA San Andreas Weather ID gallery

Once I was searching for interesting weather IDs to use on my server, and understood that it may take a whole day to do it in game.
So I decided to create such a gallery. It also took one of my days but now you don't have to spend yours.
It's placed on my site, and you can view it using your favourite browser (gallery was developed on Chrome and tested on Firefox).

GTA San Andreas gangzone editor

This thing allows you to edit and export gangzones for further using on your server. Probably, it's the most convenient way to create any kind of rectangular zones on San Andreas map.

Map editor works only with browser, it needs server just to download resources - even if you loose your network connection, exporting and saving will work. Map is saved in the browser's local storage, automatically. You don't have to save and load anything, don't be afraid to close the tab.

This website looks very promising. The weather gallery is awesome because of we can see the day/night transitions.
I do hope that you will make the tools available for everyone some time in the future. Object/Items search, for instance will always be a core tool.
And allow me to suggest an auto-indent tool. I know there are several tools out there, but as you said, having them in one place, is always a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
This website looks very promising. The weather gallery is awesome because of we can see the day/night transitions.
I do hope that you will make the tools available for everyone some time in the future. Object/Items search, for instance will always be a core tool.
And allow me to suggest an auto-indent tool. I know there are several tools out there, but as you said, having them in one place, is always a plus.
Item searching tool is used to search for items on our Delirium server (items are scripted things that can be picked / used / caried by players in their inventory). If I find any way to convert .DFFs to .OBJs, I'll add an object viewer or even online map editor. Since http://www.k-dst.de/ exists, I have no reason to create another object search / view site.

I gather only tools developed by me. Such tools as auto-indent are made by someone else who may want to keep them where they want. Maybe if I find any interesting open-source tool, I'll think to add this to my site

That's great actually. The page looks really good, and seems to be very handful. It's good also that you've added multiple languages. Thanks for sharing with us!

I'll respect your decision, but keep in mind that k-dst doesn't provide any means of sorting those objects.
You still have to shuffle through the pages to find what you need. I'm not demanding anything, I'm just making suggestions.

Update:
- Improved weather gallery performance a bit.
- Weather gallery now has static pages with information about each weather ID.

To go to the page with information about particular weather, simply click on it in the gallery and select "Open in a new tab / widow". You can also click on link in weather player (it's placed right under timeline)

Those pages can be used as lite version of gallery (it has no JavaScript, less images and resizes nicely to any display size).

Мoreover, pages allow you to view any weather ID (<0 and >255) and tell the correct weather ID if it is not in default range. You can also enter any weather ID into field and view it - may be helpful if you spotted weather ID in someone's gamemode / filterscript but have no itea how it looks like.

Example weather page (ID 0 at 12:00): click

Added Gangzone Editor, and guess what it does.

It's not that editor from Developer's swiss knife but a completely new thing.

Old editor changed map size accordingly to browser window size at the cost of accuracy, the new one works only in 1:1 zoom level (map is 6000px in width and height). In addition to regular scrollbars and mouse wheel I've added the minimap (fast) and right-click grabbing (precise) to move over the map.

I suggest you to read a small manual which appears when editor starts, as it can tell you more about new hotkeys and navigation.

Enjoy.

Awesome job mate

+REP

(Quote from topic: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?pid=3603155#pid3603155)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joko147
View Post
Great job, I can't wait to see it. Thank you so much! Can you leak the website here ?
It will be placed on this site (it's already placed here but still closed for development) as soon as it's done, and I'll also tell about it in this and my topic.

Btw, it is ready for release (all models are added and split by categories, text search also done but not properly tested yet), but I want to add a custom search, finish tag system and add some data (it takes too much time to assign tags and give a name to each model).

What about the map editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
What about the map editor?
What do you mean?

There is an option for Map Editor in preneside menu

http://dev.prineside.com/login.php?f...ool=map_editor

Is it working or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretBoss
View Post
There is an option for Map Editor in preneside menu

http://dev.prineside.com/login.php?f...ool=map_editor

Is it working or what?
Yes, it\'s working but not opened for everyone. Our team use it to build navigation graph for our new NPCs.

Maybe in future this tool will be opened for everyone, in that case I\'ll tell you about it and list this tool in topic message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prineside
View Post
Yes, it\'s working but not opened for everyone. Our team use it to build navigation graph for our new NPCs.

Maybe in future this tool will be opened for everyone, in that case I\'ll tell you about it and list this tool in topic message.
Oh ok, thanks

Ok, that\'s it - objects site is done. Almost.

I thought that there are enough ways to find any model without custom search, so I decided to develop it after release.

Here\'s the site: All GTA SA and SA-MP objects

It contains 99.9% of all SA-MP and GTA objects (except unnecessary LODs). There are no SA-MP particles (yet) and a few invisible SA-MP objects (such as "empty object", "transparent plane for writing text on it". I\'ll try to add them in nearest future (when I find the best way to show invisible models on screenshots...)

A few words about:

- It has over 11,200 model descriptions:

-- Two screenshots (on dark and bright background)

-- Model ID

-- Model name

-- Info about TXD, IDE and DFF files for modders (IPL will be added in future as a separate tool)

-- Does model have collisions (I\'ve also checked .col files for colisions so it works properly)

-- Does model have animations

-- Can it be broken

-- Size (radius and bounding box)

-- Visibility time (if this model is visible only on defined period of daytime)

- Categories (taken from MTA editor with some changes) with sorting by size / name / ID

- Over 300 tags (almost half of them are taken from SA-MP wiki for SA-MP objects) - it\'s better than category because one model can have many tags

- Fulltext search (or regular search) - the fastest way to find any model because it looks on model names (ingame and normal), tags, IDs and calculates rating to print found models by relevance

- Custom search (in development) - helps to find models with specific behaviour (breakable / has animation / has collision...), in defined categories and print in desired order

- Mobile friendly (flexible design)

- Live object loading on the first page (you don\'t have to change pages, just scroll down and Ajax will help you)

- Comfortable (thanks ****** Images for the idea) - you don\'t have to load page to view more model info

Have my rep, good sir. Thank you!

Best online tool ever, +6

nice!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Notice: Undefined variable: categoryData in /home/admin/web/dev.prineside.com/public_html/gtasa_samp_model_id/handlers/search.php on line 8

Fatal error: Uncaught exception \'Exception\' with message \'Invalid modified timestamp: \' in /home/admin/web/dev.prineside.com/includes/Request.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /home/admin/web/dev.prineside.com/public_html/gtasa_samp_model_id/handlers/search.php(: Request:etLastModifiedDeadly(NULL) #1 /home/admin/web/dev.prineside.com/public_html/gtasa_samp_model_id/index.php(26): include(\'/home/admin/web...\') #2 {main} thrown in /home/admin/web/dev.prineside.com/includes/Request.php on line 202

Search box is no longer working :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
View Post
Search box is no longer working :/
Fixed, I forgot to update one file