What are good ways to start coding/designing websites...?

As the title says: What are some good ways to start coding/designing a website? I'd like to make a website for my "community" (which no, is not active; just testing the waters with website design) and I really have no idea where to start!

How do you design it? Do I need Photoshop or something of the sort? Are there other tools out there that are better? Do I need to learn PHP, HTML and CSS? Where can I learn the basics?

I'm hoping those of you who have done this before can give me a little insight...

I don't tend to use Photoshop when I'm designing a website, just need to know CSS ( You might decide to use Photoshop in the future, but in my opinion, CSS is much easier. ) you can learn the basics of PHP, HTML & CSS on w3schools or you could just do a quick ****** search what ever you find easier.

For now, if I was you, I'd just learn HTML & CSS, then move onto PHP, seeing as HTML is the basic code to make a website and CSS is the design of the website.

Also, good luck with it. I find developing websites quite relaxing actually!

When you say to just use CSS instead of Photoshop, is there like a "CSS editor" or is CSS like normal scripting? Do you know what I mean, or am I confusing you?

I can Teach you basics of HTML , CSS And PHP After you get used to those codes, but it needs patience ..
and time , and i got school so probably we talk on weekends and else

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
When you say to just use CSS instead of Photoshop, is there like a "CSS editor" or is CSS like normal scripting? Do you know what I mean, or am I confusing you?
I Totally Understand you. There isn't CSS editors, he meant By Replacing Photoshop with CSS, is because CSS is a Source of Designing, Colors , Fonts, Layers, All of them Are Modifiable by CSS , With just some codes and a Live tester ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT4
View Post
I can Teach you basics of HTML , CSS And PHP After you get used to those codes, but it needs patience ..
and time , and i got school so probably we talk on weekends and else

I Totally Understand you. There isn't CSS editors, he meant By Replacing Photoshop with CSS, is because CSS is a Source of Designing, Colors , Fonts, Layers, All of them Are Modifiable by CSS , With just some codes and a Live tester ,
Okay, a "live tester." Do you mean working HTML code or something, then?

Live tester is like a place to test your codes either is it working or it is Made the way you like it or no
Example :
http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit....ryhtml_default

You need to learn about JS and JQuery too, to make your site looks modern.

Unfortunatly, I'm posting this on my Phone and have lost the whole post I just typed up..

But yeah, CSS is just code, but it's really simple and easy to learn, it'll take you about an hour, hour and half tops to learn the basics.

These should help you;
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Quote:
Originally Posted by X337
View Post
I don't agree with you there, some tricks with CSS would make a site look more "modern". Obviously, adding in some Javascript & JQuery would help out. There's no point in confusing him when he's new to web-develping.

Quote:
View Post
it can be bit complicated to people New to these kind of codings, so Those can be learned after a while

Quote:
View Post
You don't need that for design. Please don't fill your webpages with 50MiB of heavy JS frameworks.