Connections Flood. 500+ IP/second [SYN Flooding/IP Spoofing Attacks] Solution share! (Private, for free)

deldeldeldeldel

Then write a solution to the problem is not destiny ? Not what you 'd done it as root.The problem is solved with a flood iptables or some other way ? Either a software filter ?

In my opinion the host should deal with this kind of situations, not the customer. It's good that you found a solution to avoid this though.

I had the same problem.. its fixed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw3samp
View Post
I had the same problem.. its fixed now
How ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
View Post
In my opinion the host should deal with this kind of situations, not the customer. It's good that you found a solution to avoid this though.
If you're using your own VPS or dedicated server than you're your own host and sometimes things these are needed. I am not saying the thread creator actually has a good fix going because it isn't public but of course if it did go public they could easily make a work around if they wanted likely.

I think it's a UDP SYN flood. Fake IPs, as you mentioned is a direct result of IP spoofing.

You can filter the attack by limiting the amount of pending connections if you run Linux/iptables or you can use a hardware firewall to take care of it. Either way, PM me your script and I'll look into it.

Sent you skype request.
Same happening here, it's like thousands and thousands of connections in a second.

Have you server in OVH ?

Yes, OVH dedicated server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
View Post
Yes, OVH dedicated server.
I have OVH too. Contant your support.