VPN / DNS / hosting tab problems

Hello, I have an server running constantly on an simple server with windows 7 (i still need to put windows server 2012 on it and create an vpn and stuff...) now i have 2 questions.

Question 1: how can i change my ip to an sort of an dns thing example: samp.myserver.com:7777

Question 2: How can i get my server into the hosting tab, i dont need an host or something because i am an small private host i host much and diffrent games...

Thanks already.

Hello Jaimyv8,

In response to your first question, you will firstly require a domain to use, once you have the domain, of course it will require a host in order to get it visible online. You NORMALLY get access to some kind of cPanel often the URL is http://mydomain.com/cpanel (Seeing as you own a VPS you may need to get the software installed onto your system)

Log in using your hosting credentials, from there you will have access to various different systems and functions. You want to click the 'Simple DNS Zone Editor' option. From the drop down box, select your domain.

Then it will display several text boxes.
From there enter the details relevant to what you wish the IP to be aka 'samp' (it'll fill the rest in for you) and then ofcourse the IP

Similar to this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for question 2: As far as I am aware there isn't any hosts currently accepting payments to be placed on the hosted tab as it's currently too populated.

Hope I helped