Window 10.

hey I'm having problems portfowarding on window 10. I added the ports in my router, I make sure I was using the right ports and then I run it. and one of my friend said they cant see my server online. I really need help portfowarding.

It has nothing to do with windows 10 it's up to you and port forwarding on your router. Also remember to give them your public IP address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
It has nothing to do with windows 10 it's up to you and port forwarding on your router. Also remember to give them your public IP address.
It's not just that. There really is an issue with either Windows 10 or it's firewall as many other people including me have the problem as for example when I try to beta test my projects with co-workers and they are not able to connect even tho I am running of a direct switch(it's purpose is to deliver a direct connection not needing a router so all of the ports would be open like you're running off of the COM5 cable directly) after the COM5 cable. I have another router set up afterwards for wireless connectivity around the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.K.Stallone
View Post
It's not just that. There really is an issue with either Windows 10 or it's firewall as many other people including me have the problem as for example when I try to beta test my projects with co-workers and they are not able to connect even tho I am running of a direct switch(it's purpose is to deliver a direct connection not needing a router so all of the ports would be open like you're running off of the COM5 cable directly) after the COM5 cable. I have another router set up afterwards for wireless connectivity around the house.
You shouldn't blame windows 10, I am using that OS and I have no problem port forwarding whatsover.

OT: Make sure you have enabled 'announce' if that's what you mean by not online, make sure LANMode is disabled.
One more thing make sure you opened port for UDP and TCP, I'm sure your router should have 'both' option.

problem solved thanks you all.