Is this a good laptop?

Hello,

Is this a good laptop?

CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U 2.40GHz up to 3.00 GHz
Ram: 8GB - DDR3
HDD: 1 TB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 4GB

Yeah, it is good for playing medium games. What's the price of this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, it is good for playing medium games. What's the price of this laptop?
$700 but I can get it for $600

EDIT: Actually, I don't know the exact price but the place I'm buying it from is selling it for $600, some place is selling it for $1000 though

Of course it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course it's good.
Will the graphic card support directx 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello,

Is this a good laptop?

CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U 2.40GHz up to 3.00 GHz
Ram: 8GB - DDR3
HDD: 1 TB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 4GB
Dayum!

Hell yeah man this is a great laptop actually you can run GTA V on it.

It's not that good. Keep in mind that it's an U series processor. They're designed for ultrabooks and severely mangled in performance to improve power consumption and heat production. This processor is only a dual core and my own Core i7 desktop processor from 2009 (!) still outperforms it.

The same goes for the GPU. Being of both the GT (Multimedia) and M (Mobile) series, it is massively outperformed by the now ridiculously cheap GTX 750 Ti.

tl;dr if you want to enjoy PC games to the max, buy a desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not that good. Keep in mind that it's an U series processor. They're designed for ultrabooks and severely mangled in performance to improve power consumption and heat production. This processor is only a dual core and my own Core i7 desktop processor from 2009 (!) still outperforms it.

The same goes for the GPU. Being of both the GT (Multimedia) and M (Mobile) series, it is massively outperformed by the now ridiculously cheap GTX 750 Ti.

tl;dr if you want to enjoy PC games to the max, buy a desktop.
Thanks for helping, I have some other laptops in mind, I'll try to contact you when I found another laptop, because currently I can't buy a desktop

I have alienware 13 with i7 5500u and nvidia gtx 960m
-runs GTA V with all settings on high.

CPU is not the bottleneck, it is GPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Will the graphic card support directx 12?
Newer nvidia cards miss hardware support for dx12 async compute (making it run slow as hell). They announced to fix this with a driver update, but Id wait if this actually reaches normal performance with the patch, If your focus actually is on dx12.