Hard Drive.

Hello everyone. I am here posting this because i need help. Okay so few days ago my laptops Hard drive started to slowly stopping to work and before it completely died i managed to backup my files. So i went on internet and bought a same exactly hard drive but completely new one. Okay so. When i got the hard drive i went to install Win7 on it because it had no windows on it. I inserted my cd and made the laptop boot from cd. But here is the thing when i set it to boot from CD it wont boot Win7. When i insert my XP installation it loads the CD normally but i get blue screen after the files have been loaded. Also it wont boot from USB as well. So anyone know a way how to get my Win7 installation cd to boot?

EDIT: Okay so i put the hard drive into my PC and installed Win7 on the hard. Then i placed it back into laptop and then it wont boot. My OS just restarts after the windows logo. Same with XP.

A new hard drive? Or a second hand one? Personally I would never consider buying a second hand hard drive (or power supply) because you don't know hold old it is or how intensively it has been used.

Did Windows XP CD worked before without giving a BSOD? If it gives now (and the disk is the same model), I bet it's a memory RAM problem. Do you have any way to test it? Ubuntu LiveCD has an option to test RAM btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtren
Посмотреть сообщение
Did Windows XP CD worked before without giving a BSOD? If it gives now (and the disk is the same model), I bet it's a memory RAM problem. Do you have any way to test it? Ubuntu LiveCD has an option to test RAM btw.
Windows XP cd works normally on my PC. I have the memtest in bios i have tested it and it's all good. I get BSOD when trying to install it on my laptop..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
A new hard drive? Or a second hand one? Personally I would never consider buying a second hand hard drive (or power supply) because you don't know hold old it is or how intensively it has been used.
Completely new hard drive. Same as the original one.

Did you go into your BIOS and set it to BOOT from the disc that you have inserted, and to then use your new hard drive as your PRIMARY drive?

So you've plugged the hard drive in the machine using SATA cables or using a caddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebz
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you go into your BIOS and set it to BOOT from the disc that you have inserted, and to then use your new hard drive as your PRIMARY drive?
Yes as i stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleverCastard
Посмотреть сообщение
So you've plugged the hard drive in the machine using SATA cables or using a caddy?
Im installing on laptop. No SATA cables.

What happens when PC tries to boot from Windows 7 HDD? Do you get any error or does it say that no bootable media was found?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
What happens when PC tries to boot from Windows 7 HDD? Do you get any error or does it say that no bootable media was found?
I am using laptop...

i have same problem with win xp whatch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2L3_HK4Z50