Help with Linux system

Okay... I just bought an SSD Cloud VPS from OVH, got onto the control panel, and I have no idea what to do. I wanna get my SAMP server up and running. For anyone who's used OVH for SAMP, do I need to pay for a MySQL database separately or is it free?

I've only ever used dedicated SAMP hosts before with control panels designed for SAMP :/

Also, I have an SMF forum I want to upload and I have a domain I need to link.

Thanks.

Go read some tutorials this is for server support not teach you how to use Linux. You don't even no how to use the system and login as root, what you're doing is a horrible idea if your planning on using this Linux machine for a live environment because of the fact you lack any knowledge you can easily make your system completely insecure.

I suggest you use a linux system for testing and learn how to use it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
View Post
Go read some tutorials this is for server support not teach you how to use Linux. You don't even no how to use the system and login as root, what you're doing is a horrible idea if your planning on using this Linux machine for a live environment because of the fact you lack any knowledge you can easily make your system completely insecure.

I suggest you use a linux system for testing and learn how to use it first.
I've already tried a tutorial and it didn't work. Thanks for being so helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derexi
View Post
I've already tried a tutorial and it didn't work. Thanks for being so helpful
It is not that complicated but the fact you don't know any of the basics you're in a crappy position and better off getting use to the OS first and basic functions.

If you didn't have any experience with a VPS itself, why did you decide to start a SA:MP server on it?
Try some basic tutorials with the OS you are using first and become familiar with the functions before trying something harder (a SA:MP server isn't that hard, but you will need a bit of experience tho).

Check out this. Either way, if you don't know how to set up stuff on a VPS/Dedi then rather do some research first.

This is a problem, You see that people are now using VPS to host servers so you try it out. Okay well it takes some getting use to actually if you want ease of access theres a few good control panels out there you can install but dude you should try and ****** before posting things like this most questions youll have already been answered somewhere else and remember don't limit your searches to "how to setup mysql samp". Also managing a Mysql Database without phpmyadmin is possible so if you have a low memory vps dont install phpmyadmin it can be a resource hog some times.