The best way?

Hey guys,

What actualy is the best way to promote your server? i see some server have more than 40k registered players and only are in the internet list?

SO the question is.. What are the best ways to promote a samp server? ( apart from the hosted tab etc ).

Lets discuss

Advertise your server on SA-MP,Make Videos, Invite friends & First achieve a good player base

Even if your not in hosted tab but if you have a good player base than you will get a lot of players

But officially Its hard to get a good player in Internet List

More ways?

Having friends that play samp.

Haha true

Correct use of English language is a step forward as well.

A unique script will motivate your players to tell their friends about your server.
Also make sure to have a stable playerbase running, because if a new guy joins a server with 0 people online he will almost instantly leave forever.

Advertise to every single friend, and let them help you

And apart from samp other sites ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tixxt
View Post
And apart from samp other sites ?
Put your IP in your signature and make posts looking for help on expanding your server so your ip is everywhere and people might be interested and join.

i see what you did there.. :P

But on a serious note, It's not easy to get a good population back when i ran a server i had maybe 20 on constantly sometimes we would goto 50 on a good day but after my script was leaked my scripter quit and i shut it down. Those people all came from an advertisement i made here but that was pre-ngrp leak so it was a lot easier to get players people didn't just server hop trying to get faction lead and leave when they got it or if they didnt.

If you can get a lot of your friends to help that would help a lot and even when your not playing have them stay in the server people won't join an empty server but if you can get say 5-6 people on there people might join off that alone.

edit: just realized you are not running a rp server so what i said might not actually be relevant.

well, i think the initial friends boost is important and you have to work on that. Try to find some group of friends that want to take their gaming to somewhere new and improve their roles there from the scratch. Besides all that is crucial a innovative script. My and I are going to open a new server tommorrow as well and we already made a marketing evaluation on this issue and we have to say that is hard to bring new people but if you really offer something valuable you will get loyal users.

Good luck

Try to be active and helpful on samp forums, make friends on here and then get yourself a good reputation, and im not talking about the rep + on your profile.

I mean get a good reputation as in get known on here and make friends on here. After all where else do you expect samp players to be? sa-mp forums right..?

If you get yourself known and stuff, people will want to play on your server.. think about that y_less guy, his pretty popular on samp forums.. if he was to put a server in his signature guaranteed he will probs get a shit tone of players.. cus his made himself known and reputable on here.